Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bikes that came out of the Gilroy era of Indian motorcycles the Chief, the Spirit and the Scout are to me the most beautiful motorcycles ever made that look like bikes. The starters in them are not worth 2 cents and if I could keep them working I would never have a complaint .
20200504_102816.jpg

2000 Indian Chief

·
Registered
136 Posts
The bikes that came out of the Gilroy era of Indian motorcycles the Chief, the Spirit and the Scout are to me the most beautiful motorcycles ever made that look like bikes. The starters in them are not worth 2 cents and if I could keep them working I would never have a complaint . View attachment 616118
2000 Indian Chief
Replaced the stock in my 02 Chief with a Tech Tornado. Never looked back.

·
Bronze member
1,243 Posts
The starters are under powered. The Gilroy bikes need a higher torque Starter and you have to make sure the Power Line is tight all the time. Mine came loose a couple times and the Circuit Breaker was junk. Up Grading the Breaker stopped a lot of my issues. I had a '03 #302 PP100. The PP motors were pretty high Compression, not sure about the SS motors on earlier bikes. I got 89,000 miles outta mine before I needed a rebuild. unfortunately the bike needed a rebuild during my trip to 75th ANNIV Sturgis. I just bought a new one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts