Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Silver member
5,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GROUP BUY FEELER

Any of you in the US interested to buy the Gilles Tooling adjustable rearsets? Want more leg room or boot to tarmac clearance? I’m talking to Bellissimoto at the moment and they MIGHT (might) be interested in offering a group buy. Current pricing in the US is $562,46 and free shipping.

If we could get that down to $525-ish, who would be in?

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
No need for them. But I'm in.
It's a fair Price. they make good stuff And I enjoy being a part of moving things forward.
Plus, more carbon to spite the
"I ONLY RIDE AMERICAN IRON, BROTHER" crowd... LMAO

·
Bronze member
2,052 Posts
Lol sadly. There are far more euro parts for these bikes than American made parts.

And the American pegs alone are touching $300. This is a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Lol sadly. There are far more euro parts for these bikes than American made parts.

And the American pegs alone are touching $300. This is a good deal.

I may be misunderstood..
I'm not as much concerned with country of origin. My spite comes from the material.
I'm more poking the "if it's not made of steel it's cheap crap" mind set.
you know the ones. The ones that wonders why their bikes are so top heavy, slow and lumbering while demanding their handlebar switch nacelle and switch gear be made of metal.
It's a long story I've pontificated (what's new) on this forum in regards to "proper materials placement" and how if the old guys of the old days they constantly jaw jacked about knew about lighter weight dent resistant materials than the steel they were stuck with, they would have been all over it. When the boys came home from the war, and made their bikes lighter and faster, by taking things off, would they still have taken off the fender if it weighs onces, never dents and kept them dry or from catching a stone to the face? Doubt it. In those days, steel was the best material they had. But times change.
Carbon to me (especially on a US bike) is kind of a middle finger to those that don't like "plastic".. I'm kind of a punk that way. I don't even really love the look of it. In fact it's kinda gaudy. Like my FTR when I have it in full carbon trim. But the gaudiness of it directly correlates to the proverbial height at which the middle finger is displayed. Am I a dick? maybe. (Likely). I prefer to think that to the "traditional" American MC segment,, I'm one of the "chickens that has come home to roost....

sorry. For hijacking. Back to the point at hand.

·
Rider
1,195 Posts
W
I may be misunderstood..
I'm not as much concerned with country of origin. My spite comes from the material.
I'm more poking the "if it's not made of steel it's cheap crap" mind set.
you know the ones. The ones that wonders why their bikes are so top heavy, slow and lumbering while demanding their handlebar switch nacelle and switch gear be made of metal.
It's a long story I've pontificated (what's new) on this forum in regards to "proper materials placement" and how if the old guys of the old days they constantly jaw jacked about knew about lighter weight dent resistant materials than the steel they were stuck with, they would have been all over it. When the boys came home from the war, and made their bikes lighter and faster, by taking things off, would they still have taken off the fender if it weighs onces, never dents and kept them dry or from catching a stone to the face? Doubt it. In those days, steel was the best material they had. But times change.
Carbon to me (especially on a US bike) is kind of a middle finger to those that don't like "plastic".. I'm kind of a punk that way. I don't even really love the look of it. In fact it's kinda gaudy. Like my FTR when I have it in full carbon trim. But the gaudiness of it directly correlates to the proverbial height at which the middle finger is displayed. Am I a dick? maybe. (Likely). I prefer to think that to the "traditional" American MC segment,, I'm one of the "chickens that has come home to roost....

sorry. For hijacking. Back to the point at hand.
What's wrong with old guys? We're well seasoned ...lol...plus some of us can learn new tricks....

Reactions: Hatt

·
Silver member
5,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Friens!

I’ll wrap it up after the weekend (Tuesday), and present them a number of buyers.

counting on everyone that says he’s in to be in if the price is lower than $525.- (sure hoping a little lower still of course).

to be continued

·
Registered
213 Posts
An american manufacturer could slowly wake up and produce footpegs.the gilles tooling is a cool item,no question.but I would also buy something that would be made in USA.if mr.sands and co would also deliver something.I'm still waiting. the gilles tooling foot pegs cost in Germany..677,. Dollar! ( 599,- EURO) Greetings from Germany

·
Bronze member
2,052 Posts
There are a few companies in the US that make foot pegs. But they range from $250-350 USD. And that’s just pegs. So for a little more you can buy the Gilles and get a far superior product.

Rsd made a kit for the scout and were $675

Mine should be here next week. I missed the group buy.

·
Registered
213 Posts
rsd had a rearset for 5-6 months ago for the ftr. as a prototype. .es there are supposed to be more parts that will be sold by the indian dealer .. that was all so far.a mid member here in the forum had a picture of it publicly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
GROUP BUY FEELER

Any of you in the US interested to buy the Gilles Tooling adjustable rearsets? Want more leg room or boot to tarmac clearance? I’m talking to Bellissimoto at the moment and they MIGHT (might) be interested in offering a group buy. Current pricing in the US is $562,46 and free shipping.

If we could get that down to $525-ish, who would be in?

View attachment 578324
View attachment 578325
View attachment 578326
View attachment 578327
View attachment 578328
[/QUOTE. I will take a set

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
I’m from Australia so I don’t care what country something was made in I just want it to be good quality and not cost my kidneys in currency conversion lol
I'm pretty much the same. Except I do care. I just won't buy a lesser product for more in the name of.
To me, if we care about our local economies, not buying something and allowing a status quo of mediocrity is as important to it as much as supporting it with patronage is when it's doing something right...

·
Registered
686 Posts
Sorry mate probably missed that I was joking in there.
when I say ’i don’t care’ I mean I don’t care if it’s made in the US or Europe. if there was an option to buy a set here of equal quality I would without hesitation. Sadly we don’t have an automotive manufacturing industry here any more. We have some after market parts people, and I’ve bought Aussie made stuff for my SeaDoo. But chances of me finding Aussie made stuff for My Indian is pretty much zero.
i buy locally made eggs, milk, fruit and veg. I support local brewers and have owned locally made cars until we couldn’t buy locally made cars any more.

so please don’t take my comment as ‘i don’t want to support locally made’. I do. But for me locally made Indian parts are probably not going to exist. I care about local products and buy them when I can.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts