Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I DID NOT go through the group buy with Max. I ordered these about a month ago from Germany talking direct with Gilles. But with the group buy and a US supplier, that is a better deal and shorter wait time.

But the quality is amazing like anything they make. Installation took a whopping 15min. At their lowest adjustment they are just below stock height. So these are not for you if you think they will ease you’re aching knees. I have them set at their highest setting here.
Adjustments.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,823 Posts
I'm just an old fart with two achy knees here so take this in whatever way you wish. I see a splined shifter shaft coming out of the transmission that could conceivably have a shift lever attached directly to it. That would allow the peg to be much closer to a mid control position which would be a heck of a lot more comfy for old men like me. What would be needed on the opposite side to get the brake peg arm and everything moved to the same position? I'm pretty sure somebody like Aeromach for example could come up with a kit to do this. If they did I would buy an FTR in a heartbeat.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,823 Posts
That's what I've been thinking but was hoping someone would come forward with a ready-made kit. I can't see myself buying an FTR unless such a kit was readily available.

·
Bronze member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In their least aggressive position they are slightly, every so slightly less aggressive than stock.

I doubt anyone will make a less aggressive rearset.

Also doubt anyone will make another rearset period.

They also suck your feet in closer to the bike.
IMG_6462.jpg

IMG_6461.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
As one would expect, They look great, and robust.
I hope to see mine soon. I didn't see an ETA on them yet, but I'm a patient dude.
Exiting stuff!

·
Silver member
5,281 Posts
Yeah you (we) may need a little patience @Hatt , they’re ordering our batch from Gilles as soon as the group buy closes.

pretty sure it will be well worth the wait though!

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Yeah you (we) may need a little patience @Hatt , they’re ordering our batch from Gilles as soon as the group buy closes.

pretty sure it will be well worth the wait though!
I wasn't even planning on being concerned with it. In fact I forgot all bout them until this thread! Lol.
I know how this goes down.
cheers!

·
Rider
705 Posts
I wasn't even planning on being concerned with it. In fact I forgot all bout them until this thread! Lol.
I know how this goes down.
cheers!
I wish I had your guys patience. When ever i order something I can’t wait to get it and usually follow the tracking. Especially if I paid $500+ And I definitely don’t forget that i ordered it :LOL:.The rear sets looks awesome by the way.

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
I wish I had your guys patience. When ever i order something I can’t wait to get it and usually follow the tracking. Especially if I paid $500+ And I definitely don’t forget that i ordered it :LOL:.The rear sets looks awesome by the way.
Lol, I get Ya!
They always say don't get worked up over what you can't controlled, Tho That's typically reserved to bad things in life. Well, unfortunately, that tactic when used so much for bad that tends to bleed into the good things as well.. these days I'm practically a nihilistic automaton when it come to excitement or disappointment.
the FTR was the first and last time I felt an emotion in a long time. Lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts