Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Work as a mainframe operations tech with a major telecommunications company and retired Air Force. I don't have any pics of my tats, they are old and hard to tell what they are now anyway LOL

Reactions: ScotD

·
Registered
672 Posts
I'll start the thread off by telling you that I am a Bench Jeweler and a Certified Master Clocksmith!

I am now semi-retired and have 9 tattoo's some of them applied as far back as 1959 when I joined the Navy.
View attachment 5605 View attachment 5606 View attachment 5607
I think the name says it. My little company( yr. 12) does all types of concrete work, Foundations,slabs, stamped concrete, counter tops, overlays, epoxies. we've done some cool specialty work, showers that look like slate, man cave stuff etc. Keeps it interesting. I'll get back to ya on the tats, my favorite is my grim reaper ( carries a bull float rather than a sickle) Although part of it got burned off a number of years back from a bad day in the concrete.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Trauma / Nurse...ex. Medic and Flight Nurse.( We don't kiss your ass...We save it!) Rare Bird --- Tatt Free. Happy in living in my ER and riding my Scout and buying my lottery tickets to tap into early retirement...lol! Coming from the Great White North......Hockey Rules!! Urgence Sante Ambulance.jpg IRE.jpg TampaBay.jpg

·
Registered
448 Posts
Why don't you move this to the General Section instead of restricting it to Scouts?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Interesting thread. No tats not my style, and not a poser, but I certainly like Ronnie's ink, clever and very well done. I do appreciate art. I'm a full-time RV'er living in my Airstream. After meandering North America for seven years, pardon the phrase dropped anchor in So Cal. allowing me to fulfill a dream of one day owning a motorcycle, let alone an Indian. Three years ago I bought my first bike a KLR650, then the Shadow Aero, and finally Scout. Before retirement; police det. Chicago-land.
By the way Ronnie, like the clocksmith badge, Blackington?, and what happened with the Indian Scout badge?

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Work as a mainframe operations tech with a major telecommunications company and retired Air Force. I don't have any pics of my tats, they are old and hard to tell what they are now anyway LOL
Thanks Steve, enjoyed your participation in the thread.

Some of my earlier ones are hard to decipher too! :)

I'm sure there are a bunch of awesome tats out there to be seen.

I'm looking forward to seeing a "Indian" tat being posted! :D

·
10,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Trauma / Nurse...ex. Medic and Flight Nurse.( We don't kiss your ass...We save it!) Rare Bird --- Tatt Free.
Thanks for your service to the public. :D:cool:

I have several friends and customers that are nurses and Dr.'s!

Even one fire department EMT! Lots of LEO's and Sheriff department and one son that is a Captain in the Texas Highway patrol and one son that retired from the local Police Dept. I'm an ex-LEO*!

(*Law Enforcement Officer)

·
10,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why don't you move this to the General Section instead of restricting it to Scouts?
If I knew how I could probably think it would be OK!

If one of the moderators or Officers deems it OK to cross post, perhaps they might/could accommodate this? o_O

·
Registered
209 Posts
ER, what did you do in the AF? Yea my little Air force tat,(7 dollars) is getting a bit squiggly.:(;)

·
10,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Interesting thread. No tats not my style, and not a poser, but I certainly like Ronnie's ink, clever and very well done. I do appreciate art. I'm a full-time RV'er living in my Airstream. After meandering North America for seven years, pardon the phrase dropped anchor in So Cal. allowing me to fulfill a dream of one day owning a motorcycle, let alone an Indian. Three years ago I bought my first bike a KLR650, then the Shadow Aero, and finally Scout. Before retirement; police det. Chicago-land.
By the way Ronnie, like the clocksmith badge, Blackington?, and what happened with the Indian Scout badge?

The Scout badge is due to be delivered on February the 6th. It had a slight delay in engraving because they were not able to get the word
"Serial" and the number on one line. At the same time I also made another minor change in the one I first posted. Soon! :D

The badge is a Smith & Warren design. I was once the owner of a 600+ badge collection but a big oil man wanted it in his Den and I accepted a $23,000.00 offer taking about a $10,00.00 loss of my expenses in the collection!
PB290002.JPG This picture shows a small portion (400) of them in a 4'X8' wall display!
Somewhere I have better pictures, but I couldn't find them in my very eclectic computer files!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
The Scout badge is due to be delivered on February the 6th. It had a slight delay in engraving because they were not able to get the word
"Serial" and the number on one line. At the same time I also made another minor change in the one I first posted. Soon! :D

The badge is a Smith & Warren design. I was once the owner of a 600+ badge collection but a big oil man wanted it in his Den and I accepted a $23,000.00 offer taking about a $10,00.00 loss of my expenses in the collection!
View attachment 5629 This picture shows a small portion (400) of them in a 4'X8' wall display!
Somewhere I have better pictures, but I couldn't find them in my very eclectic computer files!
I've seen patch and badge collections, but nothing like what you amassed, very impressive collection.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
If I knew how I could probably think it would be OK!

If one of the moderators or Officers deems it OK to cross post, perhaps they might/could accommodate this? o_O
Gee, since you all asked so nicely I will move it :D

·
10,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
major telecommunications company and retired Air Force

Thanks for your service too Steve, we don't get to hear it often enough!
In fact..... Thanks to all of you current and retired Armed Forces members!
big grin.GIF

·
10,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've seen patch and badge collections, but nothing like what you amassed, very impressive collection.
It took me over 35 years of collecting to amass all of them.

I was once told by another collector that I possibly had the largest private collection not in a museum in the US????

I often miss it when I walk into my shop expecting to see it! :(

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
ER, what did you do in the AF? Yea my little Air force tat,(7 dollars) is getting a bit squiggly.:(;)
I started out loading munitions on fighter aircraft (F-4E, F-5, F-15) then I moved into Electronic Warfare maintenance on the B-52G/H and then the RC-135 Reconnaissance aircraft. Yeah, my tats are looking squiggly also, got them back in 80 while I was in the Philippines.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
It took me over 35 years of collecting to amass all of them.

I was once told by another collector that I possibly had the largest private collection not in a museum in the US????

I often miss it when I walk into my shop expecting to see it! :(
I understand having to part with an art collection, home, etc. to live in a travel trailer. It's all been worth it, no regrets, or looking back. These are the best times of my life.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
No ink on me. Just never had the urge.

Profession ... well, for the past 28 years I've been the Service & Production Manager for a small computer company that develops a point of sale package for the auto parts industry. I'm also the Shipping & Receiving Manager, Purchasing Agent, Alpha Tester, and whatever hats I need to wear on any given day. Prior to that I've worked delivering milk, as a carpenter and electrician's assistant, ranch hand, gas jockey on a fuel dock, marina maintenance hand, roughneck, roustabout, parks & recreation maintenance, backup cook and bottle washer, logger, musician in a road band that traveled the mountain states area, and just about anything else that would pay the rent.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks for your service to the public. :D:cool:
Thanks .....Ronnie:D
We’re a special breed in the ER. Were disconnected from the hospital we work in, we are merely a junction point for the hospital. We really work and play with the Fire Rescue and the Different branches of PD. We generally live and experience the same Highs’ and lows, this is my family, brothers and sisters. So a shout out to you also….Bro;)

This Scout forum is now also becoming a second family to me……:)

1 - 20 of 173 Posts