Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just some additional FYI :)

Indian Motorcycle® is proud to announce two additional accessories in the inaugural Indian® Scout™
collection. These accessories are the Powder Coated Passenger Sissy Bar (2881127-650, $299.99) and
the Powder Coated Backrest Luggage Rack (2880233-650, $149.99). The new sissy bar installs securely
to the mounting spools with a bracket and two bolts, and the new luggage rack bolts directly to the sissy
bar. The Powder Coated Passenger Sissy Bar and Luggage Rack color matches the frame of the Scout for
a seamless, integrated look.
The two new powder coated accessories will start shipping in December. The chrome
Quick Release Passenger Sissy Bar (2880232-156 $299.99) and chrome luggage rack (2880233-156 $149.99) that was announced at the Dealer Show is on track to ship in March, 2015 per the original launch communication. Scout’s First Run customers that expressed interest in the chrome Quick Release Passenger Sissy Bar (2880232-156) will now have the option of switching to powder coated version that will be available in late 2014 or early Jan 2015.

Reactions: haji

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
And as a dealership, these are Scout accessories that have arrived thus far. I'll update as we receive accessories:
1.) Reduced reach handlebars
2.) Reduced reach foot controls
3.) Bag spools
4.) Stage 1 exhaust
5.) Rider/passenger backrest pad
6.) Extended reach foot controls

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And as a dealership, these are Scout accessories that have arrived thus far. I'll update as we receive accessories:

1.) Reduced reach handlebars
2.) Reduced reach foot controls
3.) Bag spools
4.) Stage 1 exhaust
5.) Rider/passenger backrest pad
6.) Extended reach foot controls
7.) Short windshield
8.) Chrome rider backrest mount

·
Founding member
564 Posts
Yeah, $450.00 for the sissy bar and rack, and if it's like the rest of the Indian lineup, the pad will be extra couple hundred! The aftermarket can't get here fast enough.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
These accessories are the Powder Coated Passenger Sissy Bar (2881127-650, $299.99) and
the Powder Coated Backrest Luggage Rack (2880233-650, $149.99. The Powder Coated Passenger Sissy Bar and Luggage Rack color matches the frame of the Scout for a seamless, integrated look
Lakeland Indian has these in stock now, saw them today when I went in for service. They look great and they definitely go better with the Scout's cast aluminum frame. :)

·
Registered
558 Posts
Lakeland Indian has these in stock now, saw them today when I went in for service. They look great and they definitely go better with the Scout's cast aluminum frame. :)
I got a call today. No, not "the call" LOL! Dredd's saddlebags, passenger backrest, right blinker (upon pickup the blinker was bad) and a couple of other things were in. I have my new windshield from MRA waiting to be installed! Maybe I can find sometime over the weekend to get Dredd updated with all the new accessories! I'll post a pic when done.

I went for the MRA windshield because it was about $300 less than OEM Victory. It's not quick release but I think it will make for a nice fit. In looking it over I'm thinking it might be a good alternative to the Scouts version. Take a look...

Search results for: 'MRA.VFXS.0' - TwistedThrottle.com

I will say the OEM Indian stuff looks to be top notch and should be for the price. I think they did a good job designing the bags and quick release shields. Just those darn prices. $1,170 for the bags (with the mounts) is steep. They look excellent though!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Just some additional FYI :)

Indian Motorcycle® is proud to announce two additional accessories in the inaugural Indian® Scout™
collection. These accessories are the Powder Coated Passenger Sissy Bar (2881127-650, $299.99) and
the Powder Coated Backrest Luggage Rack (2880233-650, $149.99). The new sissy bar installs securely
to the mounting spools with a bracket aond two bolts, and the new luggage rack bolts directly to the sissy
bar. The Powder Coated Passenger Sissy Bar and Luggage Rack color matches the frame of the Scout for
a seamless, integrated look..
Thanks Troop!

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
I got a call today. No, not "the call" LOL! Dredd's saddlebags, passenger backrest, right blinker (upon pickup the blinker was bad) and a couple of other things were in. I have my new windshield from MRA waiting to be installed! Maybe I can find sometime over the weekend to get Dredd updated with all the new accessories! I'll post a pic when done.

I went for the MRA windshield because it was about $300 less than OEM Victory. It's not quick release but I think it will make for a nice fit. In looking it over I'm thinking it might be a good alternative to the Scouts version. Take a look...

Search results for: 'MRA.VFXS.0' - TwistedThrottle.com

I will say the OEM Indian stuff looks to be top notch and should be for the price. I think they did a good job designing the bags and quick release shields. Just those darn prices. $1,170 for the bags (with the mounts) is steep. They look excellent though!
Look forward to seeing the Dredd with all the goodies on. :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Sooooooo....

I'd read this thread before, but I never asked my dealer about it. I assumed (Apparently wrongly) that this only applied to the US bikes, since my dealer never asked me about it.

I just got my backrest, and it's the powder coated one. Normally, I'd say that's totally cool, but I was planning on chopping mine down and making a taller sissy bar out of it, so the powder coat isn't really part of my chrome related plans :D

So, I'm hauling it back to the dealership tomorrow, and he can sort it out. I do like the idea, but I don't think I want to try and get my sissy bar powder coated after I cut it apart and get it welded back together.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Well waiting on a few extras still, but must say what is on my Silver Smoke is of top notch material and workmanship. Prices seem to be much in line with extras from all the major brands. One way to assure resale value; although at this time cant see that day comming, is to keep a machine all original. The factory accessories highlight the bikes design and clearly keeping your Indian all Indian will insure the Brand will be here to stay and you will have a fine running and sharp looking motorcycle in your stable.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Any news on a solo luggage rack for scout?
There is a thread in this section about a luggage rack for the Scout. Do a search for it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts