Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I hope you are doing great!

I would like to see advice on regular / general cleaning methods, solutions that can be considered and type of cloth or such that one normally use for keeping my motorcycle clean. Are the car cleaning solutions fits ? I just wanted to me make sure they will not hurt the paint, seats etc. I tired to search for similar threads but couldn't quite find them. Thought to start a new one.. :D

Thank you in advance.:)

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I applied Liquid Glass and then only need warm water with a microfiber rag after rides.
Every quarter or so I use S100, to remove grime. Then rinse and blow dry with my leaf blower.
Skidmores wax for the leather.
Piece of cake. Rather spend time riding anyway.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I applied Liquid Glass and then only need warm water with a microfiber rag after rides.
Every quarter or so I use S100, to remove grime. Then rinse and blow dry with my leaf blower.
Skidmores wax for the leather.
Piece of cake. Rather spend time riding anyway.
Awesome! Thank you..

How about doing that water rinsing ?? I live in a apartment complex and I don't have the opportunity of having water hose and blow that dirt away. Any alternatives? :)

Now I know and can clean my car too.. :p I never did as we have more rains then anyone in US.. LOL :D

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Awesome! Thank you..

How about doing that water rinsing ?? I live in a apartment complex and I don't have the opportunity of having water hose and blow that dirt away. Any alternatives? :)

Now I know and can clean my car too.. :p I never did as we have more rains then anyone in US.. LOL :D
Not sure how to wash without water. Maybe others on the forum know of tricks to try.
The residents of Kauai might say they get more rain though. ;-)

·
Super Moderator
5,885 Posts
S-100, while a great product, will eventually begin removing the Liquid Glass. I use it only on engine, or when I know I will be applying a coat of Liquid Glass. The folks at LG recommend Dawn dish detergent. I agree.

After 3-4 coats of LG then a simple water bath will suffice. Be sure to search for the threads on Liquid Glass - best coating for a bike out there.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I'm currently using Meguiar's products. They make a good wash and wax. Their compound and polish products are also good. I use bug slide in-between washing and find that I build up some swirls that the compound and polish take care of.
Maybe someone else can give you better information on not using water. My opinion is that you need to use water for washing to keep from marring the finish with the grime that you are trying to remove. Just pack up your bike washing stuff and head for the coin operated car wash.

·
Bronze member
2016 Indian Scout
1,859 Posts
I used buckets or pails to wash with. One is wash water, the other clean water. Wash bike then rinse by splashing clear water and dripping wet rag to clear soap. Then ride for about 10 minutes to shake off most water and then wipe off water spots with wax coat.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I use Bike Spirits Cleaner and Polish if it is just dusty, not caked on mud, etc. Spray on, wipe off with detailing microfiber cloth.

·
Founding member
1,071 Posts
I've embraced the word "patina" . I use a spray detailer with a microfiber cloth when I need to get the dust and bugs off and hit the chrome with some chrome cleaner/polish every now and then. I'm sure that it's time that I give the leather a once over with a leather cleaner conditioner again.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I might not said clearly above about using water. My bad. Apologies for the confusion if any.. the above posts suggest what I was looking for. Thanks again!! Hope everyone had nice weekend.. :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
I use Molecule motorsports cleaner. Does a fantastic job at cleaning off the bugs and road grime.

·
Senior member / bronze
1,662 Posts
I use many products from Griots Garage and of course Wizards. My shelf in garage has many products. Most recent purchase from Griots is a 4" orbital buffer and correcting cream this stuff is amazing if you want your paint to be absolutely free of any swirls or defects. Griots best in show carnuba wax. Use California car duster to remove dust followed by Wizards detailer. Never have put a hose to it.
Plexus for my freedom shield.

·
Rider
360 Posts
And for all you cheap bastrds out there like myself, I kicked myself for not buying "microfiber" towels to clean my bike with at an earlier time. Used my old bath towels. At least I did EVENTUALLY learn how much better the microfiber towels work!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Plexus for the windshield (won't yellow anything) and Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish (great stuff) for pretty much all other surfaces

applied with a micro-fiber cloth.

·
Administrator
17,039 Posts

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
I use Chemical Guys Products and good microfiber towels.

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

Reactions: HINK
1 - 19 of 19 Posts