Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search for gel pads and came up empty on the forum.

Does anyone use a gel pad on their seats? I have already done a Mean City cycle seat mod but it is still not comfortable on long rides. I have tried the Ultimate seat and it was not as comfortable (to me) as my already modded seat. So now I am wondering if an air seat or a gel pad might help.

Thanks
John

·
Silver member
4,419 Posts
I have both. They work equally well in differing ways. These are the two I have. On my trip last summer I used the Airhawk. I liked it a lot. You barely need any air in it and it moves around your pressure points based on your seating position. The Pro pad I used on my older Indian and it worked great too. Haven't tried it on the 17, because I misplaced it at one point, hence the purchase of the airhawk.

You could also have Alligator Bob or one of those seat guys add the gel to your existing seat pad. Is that what mean city already did?

Gel Seat Pads for Indian Motorcycles

Best HARLEY DAVIDSON Products Collection - Airhawk

ADVANCED Custom Design ::: Motorcycle Seats and Saddlebags ::: Harley Davidson ::: Exotic Skins, Alligator, Crocodile, Calf-Skin, Leather, Ostrich, Python, Stingray, Custom Made Motorcycle Seats

·
Registered
426 Posts
+1 on the Airhawk. Long rides I take the bladder out of the cover and put it under my Alaska Leather sheepskin. I'm headed out of town on a couple day ride tomorrow and it's suppose to rain, so I just put the bladder back in the cover and will leave the sheepskin home. Not fun to ride a wet sheep.

·
Bronze member
2,126 Posts
Haven’t used the air hawk I do have a saddlemen gel pad. It’s descent on a long run. Definitely helps I’m talking a 6 to 900 mile day. But honestly the right seat works best. I’m fortunate as my stock Chieftain seat on my 18 works well for me at the moment. My wife loves the saddlemen gel for the long hauls. They were reasonable at the time $100 apiece I believe it’s been a few years

·
Registered
233 Posts

Does anyone use a gel pad on their seats? I have already done a Mean City cycle seat mod but it is still not comfortable on long rides. I have tried the Ultimate seat and it was not as comfortable (to me) as my already modded seat. So now I am wondering if an air seat or a gel pad might help.

Thanks
John
I used a Butt Buffer pad before I had my seat redone.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts

Thanks
John
My mate took his seat to an Upholster and they used memory foam then added a gel pack to his seat ,he loved it so that may be the best option and cheaper depending on where you live and who does it.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Just get a decent seat for damn sake.....who wants to sit on a breast implant?
A lot of sick puppies with sit on a lot of things so don't kick it lol. My mate had his seat done with Gel pack and Memory foam it worked for him Iam happy with the seat on my Road Master but there are people that hate the standard seats.

·
Rider
816 Posts
Another vote for the AirHawk and Sheepskin combo from me. I also use them with my Mean City seat for all day rides and the Sheepskin works great for cleaning my windshield.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts