Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw a Geico commercial where some guys are bowling, and one of the guys didn't show because he's riding his indian scout. I just thought it was cool because I saw a scout in another commercial recently. Maybe all this product placement will get more people buying indian. Just thought was interesting. Hopefully this hasn't popped up yet, if so sorry for the inconvenience lol.

·
Founding member
1,765 Posts
That Geico used a Scout rather than another bike says good things about Indian's desirability. I have Geico and I'm very happy with my policy.

Reactions: Mark fowler

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just added the Scout as the third bike on my existing Geico policy... premium went down $11 a month... go figure!

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Have all my vehicles insured with GEICO, good rates and service and I keep their App on my phone.

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

·
Diamond member
9,094 Posts
OK, so even if it wasnt a Scout.. even it wasnt the same as my Scout. That is one of the better commercials.. 2 reasons.
1. I have 2 buds that's are on a bowling league, and one of them frequently panics when they are down a guy in funny way, like,,,,,,,,
2. "Snack bar is closed" god d..........
Hilarious...

·
Gold member
6,463 Posts
The Government making money in the insurance business! Government Employee Insurance Company G E I C O. Do you all know this? Just a FYI.....

·
Founding member
1,765 Posts
The Government making money in the insurance business! Government Employee Insurance Company G E I C O. Do you all know this? Just a FYI.....
Having Government in the title doesn't make it a Government entity, it is a private company originally intended for government employees, thus the name. Like how Navy Federal credit Union isn't run by the Navy, but a credit union intended for military members. Or for that matter how the Federal Reserve isn't a Federal institution with any accountability to US government or US Citizens but a private bank that prints and controls US and world currency for the private profit of an elite few, but that's an entirely different wormhole.

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
Think I've seen that. I thought it was a Progressive commercial. Didn't notice the bowling only the Scout.

A Wrangler Jeans commercial had one, if you don't blink. It's at 7-8 seconds into this:

·
Rider
313 Posts
Having Government in the title doesn't make it a Government entity, it is a private company originally intended for government employees, thus the name. Like how Navy Federal credit Union isn't run by the Navy, but a credit union intended for military members. Or for that matter how the Federal Reserve isn't a Federal institution with any accountability to US government or US Citizens but a private bank that prints and controls US and world currency for the private profit of an elite few, but that's an entirely different wormhole.
Back in the early to mid 80's when they were just government employees including military they were hands down cheaper than any other insurer. And for many a young soldier, airman or seamen they were the only option on those low salaries for them and their family. Not too bad today compared to some but definitely not the cheapest.

·
Banned
1,578 Posts
Back in the early to mid 80's when they were just government employees including military they were hands down cheaper than any other insurer. And for many a young soldier, airman or seamen they were the only option on those low salaries for them and their family. Not too bad today compared to some but definitely not the cheapest.
Yeah, I get better rates from nationwide. I shop several companies everytime I renew and nationwide keeps my business.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
I just switched to Geico. I hope the insurance is as good as the commercial.
That Geico used a Scout rather than another bike says good things about Indian's desirability. I have Geico and I'm very happy with my policy.
I just added the Scout as the third bike on my existing Geico policy... premium went down $11 a month... go figure!
Have all my vehicles insured with GEICO, good rates and service and I keep their App on my phone.
Yeah, I get better rates from nationwide. I shop several companies every time I renew and nationwide keeps my business.
I did a comparison last year using a spreadsheet to track costs & coverages. Although some of the companies try to use confusing terms for the same thing I made them break it down for apples to apples comparison.

- Allstate
- American Family
- Auto Owners
- eSurance
- Farmers
- Geico
- Liberty Mutual
- Nationwide
- State Farm
- Travelers
- USAA

I won't do Progressive because of their political history.

Anyway, USAA won for car & home. They don't do MC, so went with Liberty Mutual. For those that have Geico, a little more background: Geico saved the Radar gun. So the next time you get a slightly-over-the-limit speeding ticket or wonder why speed traps are easy revenue generators, think lizard. Think about the areas you sometimes drive/ride through that have a much lower speed limit than necessary (yes, there's been more than a few court battles on that) for the benefit of (sl)easy revenue generation, think lizard.

·
Registered
30 Posts
When I took delivery of my Scout in Dec. '14, GEICO was the only insurance company with a firm rate. I was able to insure my two antique bikes on the same policy. I haven't had to make a claim, hopefully I won't, but I feel I have been treated fairly by GEICO, compared to my two previous insurance companies. Hope this helps any one that is shopping for insurance.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts