Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
I got the recall months ago in the mail I'm sure once the warm weather comes dealerships will be swamped with recalls.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Not sure about a fix, but I called Indian after I got my recall notice and sent them a copy of my dealer invoice for the service. Indian refunded me the dealer charge.
Gotta tell ya, it’s a hell of a lot more than Harley would have done.
I’m a former Roadglide CVO owner, now a happy Roadmaster owner.

·
Bronze member
4,113 Posts
Official Start of Spring is March 19 - June 20, so then we may see the fix.Might be later since engineering has been busy fixing the Challenger problems.

·
Registered
458 Posts
We have the recall ongoing in the UK, my understanding is if you do not have the problem they will look at it on your next service, I believe they just check and clean the contacts and replace if required.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Not sure about a fix, but I called Indian after I got my recall notice and sent them a copy of my dealer invoice for the service. Indian refunded me the dealer charge.
Gotta tell ya, it’s a hell of a lot more than Harley would have done.
I’m a former Roadglide CVO owner, now a happy Roadmaster owner.
Yep gotta call Indian, took care of me as well. I had the "clean" sensor service when dealer did the 10K service.

·
Administrator
15,430 Posts
I had the “clean gear sensor service” done this Fall after the recall notice. At that time it was “pending development of a permanent solution” — and, like everybody else, nada since. I’ve got to get mine in for its annual Spring tire replacement etc in a few weeks so I will doublecheck and post update (unless somebody beats me to it).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Getting tired of my only sometimes available cruise control, so scheduled an appointment for an inspection.
Paid for a cleaning prior to the notice due to the indicator not changing, but its gotten worse than it was before that cleaning. According to the guy at the dealer, they'll 'inspect it' and start a case with polaris if 'there's a problem'. He seemed to be indicating that polaris was likely going to replacie the part, don't know for sure or if they'll be using the same faulty part again.

·
Administrator
15,430 Posts
UPDATE: I’m at the dealership now getting my annual Spring service (new tires, oil change etc) and had them check.

No joy. Nada from the mothership.

One guy heard “maybe June” but that is just a rumor. Tech guys are working from home, so no “hands-on” stuff. Conjecture is that Indian wanted to get a fix by riding season but

1- Challenger issues soaked up most of the shop talent, and
2- CV-19.

·
Rider
1,154 Posts
Yeah Hink
I have good relation with my dealer and talked to them about recalls and they were talking cleaning if there was problems and sometime mid june for possible replacement with different part.
Mine fortunately dont have issues, yet but only have 5000 miles

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just got my notice via email. Looks like they are going to replace the switch.

74C50CA7-6799-4FEA-9803-C77414809459.jpeg A9CF972D-8453-407B-8793-FC8A140320B1.jpeg

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes, I just called my nearest dealer and they said if I'm not having any issues, and so far so good, that I can wait because we have a shelter in place at the dealer. Also there is a reflash of the VCM which they said is a separate issue. Does that change the tune I have on my bike?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
To answer my own question I believe my PVCX flashes my ECU and Indian is talking about flashing the VCM. Hopefully I got this correct.

·
Rider
1,154 Posts
yes, I just called my nearest dealer and they said if I'm not having any issues, and so far so good, that I can wait because we have a shelter in place at the dealer. Also there is a reflash of the VCM which they said is a separate issue. Does that change the tune I have on my bike?
Thats a good question on the reflash.
I would like to know the same

1 - 20 of 25 Posts