Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had the new gear position indicator switch replaced? What did they have to remove to do the change out.
Does the VCM or ECM have to be updated and most of all, did it solve the problem.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I work in the KC shop, let me ask my tech in the morning. I know one of my sales guys was getting the false neutral and hasn’t had any issues since getting it done so I think it’s safe to say it did it’s job

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had it done a week or so ago and yes ECM has to be reflashed. I did not have any problem with mine so no change but they had it and the bike was in for service so got it done.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
3,944 Posts
Many threads on this

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do they have to remove the mufflers and exhaust. If you look at the bulletin the rear header pipe vanishes between steps.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
It can be done without any major tear down, but does require a tricky tech with some special tools. I have serviced my sensors via the more laborious way by removing exhaust and covers etc.. Apparently the replacement sensor part entails additional software updates that a simple cleaning and replacement does not require.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone had the new gear position indicator switch replaced? What did they have to remove to do the change out.
Does the VCM or ECM have to be updated and most of all, did it solve the problem.
Had mine done a couple weeks ago on my 18 Springfield DH.Now I have to go back because no gear positions & N are gone on the dash.

·
Bronze member
5,082 Posts
Had mine done a couple weeks ago on my 18 Springfield DH.Now I have to go back because no gear positions & N are gone on the dash.
Ask them what version of Digital Wrench they are using. If they haven't updated to the latest version it has trouble updating the VCM on some 2018/2019 models.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts