Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
C9FBF060-5E75-496D-A40E-335B39F315B6.jpeg 4BF78D65-AD8C-40CB-BBE2-B9B5A963BAAA.jpeg
I couldn’t find any mention of this gap left on the GMan GBushing for Scout shift foot lever.
I was very surprised to find out when I got it there is a gap due to bushing being longer than width of the lever (Aeromach heel toe).

It’s the copper color part seen in 2nd picture.

I added a 5/8” hole diameter washer/spacer to fill the gap. Unfortunately it was too thick and caused binding of the lever so I used my grinder to take about a third of the width off.

If anyone has or had this particular bushing I would really like to hear from you concerning that gap. It’s a considerable amount of free play side to side without adding that spacer.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I couldn't even get the thing on, the nut was way too large and wouldn't screw in all the way.

I did get a few replacement, so good for GMan, but don't have the interest in trying again. If it's not perfect the first time, then it's not for me.

Suggest email him with your pics, and get a new one.

·
Bronze member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I couldn't even get the thing on, the nut was way too large and wouldn't screw in all the way.

I did get a few replacement, so good for GMan, but don't have the interest in trying again. If it's not perfect the first time, then it's not for me.

Suggest email him with your pics, and get a new one.
Thanks for your story!

Yep I was going to do that. I’m curious if it’s really supposed to have side play at all or not, I wouldn’t have thought so anyhow.

Definitely a different way of going about it from OEM. At least I could get a wrench on it without taking the whole foot peg mount off like other way.

·
Bronze member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve had my adapter for probably over a year. Yea I have a slight but if free play that I can move back and forth. But have had no problems with it.
Just seems odd it would be that way.
I thought the whole idea was to get rid of all the sloppiness of the original lever! I mean yes it’s an improvement but the side play was just way too much for me.

·
Rider
667 Posts
Just seems odd it would be that way.
I thought the whole idea was to get rid of all the sloppiness of the original lever! I mean yes it’s an improvement but the side play was just way too much for me.
Yup I was worried at first but hadn’t had any issues with it and wasn’t got back to stock and don’t see any other options sooo I was like F it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
How is the fit between the bushing and the shift lever? I see that the bushing is too long, but I can just grind some of it off. I'm talking about the fit diameter-wise. I know the bushing should be a nice tight fit to the shaft that's included with the kit, but if the bushing is loose in the shift lever, then you've just transferred the slop to a different location. Did you have to hammer the bushing into the lever or loc-tite it in? Ideally you'd want the bushing pressed in or glued in so it stayed stationary with respect to the lever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts