Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a gauge cluster problem where you start up the bike and they cluster lights up like a christmas tree and stays on. Every idiot light stays on. The bike rides normally, but no info is correct. No gauges, no gear indicator. Had to pull over, shut it down and re-start. Seemed to re-boot it and everything went to normal. Will tell dealer this at 500 mile oil change, but problems like this seem to only get worse w/ time. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this?

·
Founding member
1,163 Posts
I've had a similar experience a couple times.... It seems to me that if it has trouble connecting to my phone, that locks the display up. Never lasted more then about 2 or 3 minutes though.... Not an expert, but seems to me that it is caused by the lag in connection.

·
Registered
42 Posts
MY 2016 DARK HORSE DASH AND SPEEDO OUT .

DAY WERE A WIRE STARTED THE BIJE
ONE WIRE TO HEAD LIGHT SWITCH
ON OFF LIGHT WAS ALL YOU HAD
ONE WIRE FROM BATTERY TO COIL TO POINTS A ON OFF SWITCH WAS ALL THAT WAS NEEDED
A KICK START WAS ALL YOU NEEDED .
TIMING CAMS WAS EASY
A SIMPLE DESIGN AND EASY FIX

TODAYS MODERN COMPUTER THING ON WHEELS IS A PROBLEM CONTINUIOUSE AND REQUIRES A TECNITION TO FIX HUNDREDS OF WIRES AND I COMPUTER BRAIN COMPUTER SSUES .
LIKE SAME SEX MARRIAGE AS NOT NORMAL DESIGN AND CONFUSING TO NEXT GENERATION
ALL CONTRILLED BY A SATALITE CHIP
BIG BROTHER CAN TURN OFF ANY TIME AND THE WORLD STOPS ..

BASICKY UNRELIABLE AND DEPENDED ON INTERNET DIAGNOSIS ..AND PSYCOLOGY

INDIAN MOTOR COMPANY NEEDS TO GO BACK TO SIMPLICITY AND MOTORCYCLE DESIGN ..
BUT
ALL DIED 1970 MOTORCYCLES STOPED MAKING MOTORCYCLES ALONG WITH MUSIC , FREEDOM , AND A MAN WAS A MAN
AND A WOMAN WAS A WOMAN SIMPLE DESIGN AND ORIGINAL ..FUNCTION LIKE BLACJ AND WHITE

IM THINKING TO SELL MY INDIAN 2016 AND BUY A REAL MOTORCYCLE FROM YESTER YEAR

PART OF MOTORCYCLING LIFE WAS YOU MAINTAINED YOUR BIKE AND DID NOT NEED TO PAY SOME AI TECNITION TO FIX YOUR BIKE
YOUR MODERN AI I THING S NOT A MOTORCYCLE IT CREATES JOBS BY FAULT DESIGNS AND LABOUR OF UNIVERSITY DEGREE YOU PAY $150 A HOURLY RATE TO FIX PLUSS PARTS THAT DONT LAST AS LONG .LOWER WARRENTY AS OF WEAR .
CAYAKIC COVERTER HEAT EXSCHANGE IS APROX 200 DEG TO LIMIT OIL CHANGE .AT 5000 KLM
NORMAL TEMP IS 100 DEG WITHOUT CATALIC CONVERTER AND LASTS 10 000 KLM

·
Registered
48 Posts
MY 2016 DARK HORSE DASH AND SPEEDO OUT .

DAY WERE A WIRE STARTED THE BIJE
ONE WIRE TO HEAD LIGHT SWITCH
ON OFF LIGHT WAS ALL YOU HAD
ONE WIRE FROM BATTERY TO COIL TO POINTS A ON OFF SWITCH WAS ALL THAT WAS NEEDED
A KICK START WAS ALL YOU NEEDED .
TIMING CAMS WAS EASY
A SIMPLE DESIGN AND EASY FIX

TODAYS MODERN COMPUTER THING ON WHEELS IS A PROBLEM CONTINUIOUSE AND REQUIRES A TECNITION TO FIX HUNDREDS OF WIRES AND I COMPUTER BRAIN COMPUTER SSUES .
LIKE SAME SEX MARRIAGE AS NOT NORMAL DESIGN AND CONFUSING TO NEXT GENERATION
ALL CONTRILLED BY A SATALITE CHIP
BIG BROTHER CAN TURN OFF ANY TIME AND THE WORLD STOPS ..

BASICKY UNRELIABLE AND DEPENDED ON INTERNET DIAGNOSIS ..AND PSYCOLOGY

INDIAN MOTOR COMPANY NEEDS TO GO BACK TO SIMPLICITY AND MOTORCYCLE DESIGN ..
BUT
ALL DIED 1970 MOTORCYCLES STOPED MAKING MOTORCYCLES ALONG WITH MUSIC , FREEDOM , AND A MAN WAS A MAN
AND A WOMAN WAS A WOMAN SIMPLE DESIGN AND ORIGINAL ..FUNCTION LIKE BLACJ AND WHITE

IM THINKING TO SELL MY INDIAN 2016 AND BUY A REAL MOTORCYCLE FROM YESTER YEAR

PART OF MOTORCYCLING LIFE WAS YOU MAINTAINED YOUR BIKE AND DID NOT NEED TO PAY SOME AI TECNITION TO FIX YOUR BIKE
YOUR MODERN AI I THING S NOT A MOTORCYCLE IT CREATES JOBS BY FAULT DESIGNS AND LABOUR OF UNIVERSITY DEGREE YOU PAY $150 A HOURLY RATE TO FIX PLUSS PARTS THAT DONT LAST AS LONG .LOWER WARRENTY AS OF WEAR .
CAYAKIC COVERTER HEAT EXSCHANGE IS APROX 200 DEG TO LIMIT OIL CHANGE .AT 5000 KLM
NORMAL TEMP IS 100 DEG WITHOUT CATALIC CONVERTER AND LASTS 10 000 KLM
I can't tell if you're being serious or is this an April fools joke. Lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
What im trying to say IS YOU ONLY NEEDED ONE WIRE AND A SWITCH TO START THE OLD BIKES ..ON/OFF
IM FROM AUSTRALIA AND NOT GOOD ENGLUSH .NOT MANY CAN SPEEK ENGLYSH OVER HERE OR EXSPLAIN TBE LANGUAGE

·
Registered
34 Posts
What im trying to say IS YOU ONLY NEEDED ONE WIRE AND A SWITCH TO START THE OLD BIKES ..ON/OFF
IM FROM AUSTRALIA AND NOT GOOD ENGLUSH .NOT MANY CAN SPEEK ENGLYSH OVER HERE OR EXSPLAIN TBE LANGUAGE
It doesn't help any that your keyboard is upside down mate. lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts