Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter HERE for September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2016 HD Street Glide Special
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which gas stabilizer do you guys use for winter storage ? Looks like I might be able to ride for one more week and then have to park for 4 to 5 months. Just put ethanol free gas into it yesterday and did a 30 mile ride. Might add some gas stabilizer to it today and ride few 100 miles coming week. That will mostly bring it to empty and then I can add more gas stabilizer before I call quit for this yr.

Thank you

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Do not store it with the tank nearly empty. The air space will allow condensation to build up in the tank and cause problems over time. Make sure the tank is as full as practical and add Sta-bil to it before allowing it to set for an extended period.

·
Registered
2016 HD Street Glide Special
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you guys. Added close to 4 oz STA-BIL to tank and rode for 100 miles. Tank is close to 1/2 full now. I'll ride another 100 miles and add 4 oz more STA-BIL and fill her up with Ethanol free gas before winter parking.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I use Sta-Bil or Startron in the bike and mower. I run Ethanol free gas unless I'm somewhere it isn't available. If I have to gas up with Ethanol I make sure to run a few tank full to get that poison out of it's system. Unfortunately the Ethanol free here in Utah is only 85 octane so I keep a bottle of 104+ handy. And absolutely top off the tank if it's stored for a while. Lesson learned the hard way with my TBS.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2021 Indian Challenger Limited Deepwater Metalic
6,094 Posts
Seafoam, sta-bil has a two year shelf life. Plus Seafoam cleans the gas path as well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.