Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, we all knew that it would come up sooner or later about gas mileage. :D

My third tank of gas revealed a 37.6 mpg!

Much better than my first and second filling!
I am a heavy weight at 270 lbs and I suspect others are getting much better gas mileage?

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,097 Posts
Is that low speed, or "spirited" riding?

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
That is about what I am getting also.

·
Registered
738 Posts
OK, I only have 250 miles on my Scout and I'm following the factory recommended break in regimen. While most of my riding so far has been relaxed back road riding, it also includes some 75 mph stints on the highway and some deliberate fast sprints to help with the break in, I've averaged 50.1 mpg. Much better than I actually expected given the feedback and expectations from the various Indian threads. If I can keep close to 50 mpg I'll be VERY happy.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
hmmmm, 37 to 50mpg, that is quite a difference. Interesting :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
UOTE="RBinTEX, post: 38812, member: 2734"]OK, we all knew that it would come up sooner or later about gas mileage. :D

My third tank of gas revealed a 37.6 mpg!

Much better than my first and second filling!
I am a heavy weight at 270 lbs and I suspect others are getting much better gas mileage?[/QUOTE]
Im a big guy myself 6'2 250 lbs how are the shocks for you? I didnt notice a problem on my demo ride but not sure what to expect. Any feedback would be great, thank you

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
It's kinda like buying whiskey, buy the big bottle and a scant pint just in case you run out.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts

·
10,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hmmmm, 37 to 50mpg, that is quite a difference. Interesting :D
I strongly suspect that I weigh more than Gordon does! :D

Getting around 45 MPG sometimes a bit more or less but fair to say an average of 45 MPG ..
I'm hoping that as my motor gets broke in that mine will improve!:)

·
10,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Im a big guy myself 6'2 250 lbs how are the shocks for you? I did'nt notice a problem on my demo ride but not sure what to expect. Any feedback would be great, thank you[/QUOTE]

So far, I am quite satisfied with the OEM settings on the shock.

I may try for just a small amount harder just to see if it helps against the high speed wiggle brought on by the windscreen install.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Been riding mine hard around town, gassing it when the light changes. Light came on at 104 miles, mileage 41.03. My weight 175

This bike is so stinking fast, driver backrest keeps me on the seat when pulling G's :)

·
Founding member
1,071 Posts
That's about the same mileage as I was getting before it got to crapy to ride. But it's early I'm still under 300 miles. Hoping for a little better when it's broken in.

1 - 20 of 204 Posts