Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out riding and ran my tank down to where the lines and miles to empty that show on the gauge were replaced with just a low message. When I filled up it took 4.2 gal. So I should have still had 1.3 gal left. That's more fuel that the miles left would indicate before it disappeared. I'm not complaining that just means I have more fuel to get to a station than the gauge would lead you to believe. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience with their Chieftain. On the 2012 Victory XC I owned fuel guage was about the same always had more fuel than it would leave you to believe. Just wondering if other Chieftain owners have noticed the same?

·
Registered
97 Posts
2019 chieftain here, when says low and i fuel up it is usually little less than 4 gallons i put in. Usually about 3.5 gallons, so yes I agree with you

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Agree even with my 14, but my gauge is broken at the moment and shipping delayed 3X from *****, so I watch my trip reset numbers.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Common complaint, been making it and hearing about it for years. That is one of the reasons why I installed the touring console from the Elite on my Roadmaster...even when the range on the dash switches to "low", the needle on the analog gauge still works.

Reactions: JamesA

·
German Rider
1,649 Posts
Any car or bike will do that !
Why ? Maybe to be on the save side not to run out of fuel until the next Gas station. Or, but that is just a guess from the hip, some people in the USA would sue the manufacturer, cauz they ran out of gas in the middle of nowhere, because the gauge was too accurate and they assumed one gallon left, when showed empty.
Heard, that a Lot of people sue companys for ridicolous reasons over there........

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
299 Posts
I was out riding and ran my tank down to where the lines and miles to empty that show on the gauge were replaced with just a low message. When I filled up it took 4.2 gal. So I should have still had 1.3 gal left. That's more fuel that the miles left would indicate before it disappeared. I'm not complaining that just means I have more fuel to get to a station than the gauge would lead you to believe. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience with their Chieftain. On the 2012 Victory XC I owned fuel guage was about the same always had more fuel than it would leave you to believe. Just wondering if other Chieftain owners have noticed the same?
Yep that's my situation as well; alarming the first time you do this but then one can relax somewhat knowing you can travel a considerable distance to fuel even after the light and indicator states nearly zero. I like it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts