Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 16 Vintage and on a recent road trip I noticed the gas gauge sweep was now white. Not sure if Im simply remembering it wrong, but I thought it was orange like the speedometer sweep. It almost looks like its simply faded.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Yep. I have lots of thoughts on this one.
Mostly regarding the fading of the gas gauge needle is quite common if not universal.
I have a 2015 that I asked Polaris twice to replace. No dice.
I think it's not too much to expect the gauges to retain their readability for 5 years. Big fail on corporates part.

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
The early ones were known to fade.

A mate got very disgruntled with his and kept on at the local dealer until they swapped it for him. And I think he was then unhappy as one (speedo vs fuel) was more red and the other more orange tint. It's a few years ago now but I think he found out the speedo didn't fade (nor match color) as the two gauges were sourced from different countries.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Very common fault with the gas gauge needle usually fades within 3 mths, the gas gauge is made in the USA, the speedo is a VDO unit made in Mexico, it’s needle does not fade and is a different colour red, I replaced my gauge with DH plug and use the digital gauge in the speedo, you can also get a instrument repairer to repaint the needle with a UV resistant paint, I have a new replacement gas gauge that will have the gas needle repainted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts