Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,639 Posts
No garage art here, just motorcycle shed door signs.

really surprised to see this message thread died out so fast. Maybe it will takeoff this time.

·
Rider
551 Posts
Neosmith: The engine is a 360 CID (5.9 Liter) Chrysler out of a Jeep Grand Cherokee that I'm helping a friend fix.
snakeskin cowboy: I replaced the Chieftain with a 2016 Roadmaster. The RM was red & cream when I got it, I had the cream color painted black (the Chieftain was red & black), and named the RM "Phoenix".

·
Rider
1,031 Posts
Neosmith: The engine is a 360 CID (5.9 Liter) Chrysler out of a Jeep Grand Cherokee that I'm helping a friend fix.
snakeskin cowboy: I replaced the Chieftain with a 2016 Roadmaster. The RM was red & cream when I got it, I had the cream color painted black (the Chieftain was red & black), and named the RM "Phoenix".
The JGC had a 360 5.9L ??

·
Rider
551 Posts
Yes it did. For 1998, Chrysler made a 1 year only special edition called the "Limited 5.9". It had all of the bells and whistles available at the time, leather seats, and the 5.9. The biggest problem with these SUV's with the bigger engine, is that they passed everything but a gas station. Most of them only got around 12 MPG, but gas was cheap in 1998, so no biggie then, lol. I had to do some research on it myself, as this is the only one I've ever put my hands on. The 5.9 engine is the same physical size as the 5.2, so getting it to fit wasn't a problem. And back to our "Garage Art" thread...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Here's a few more shots of the stable. I'm getting really close to having it the way I want it. This is a big deal for me. Two years ago I was T boned by a texting driver while doing a PA State Safety inspection out of my motorcycle shop. I ended up losing my business as a result, but was still on bed rest when the shop was cleared out (by my amazing friends and family)! So my 2500 square foot shop got loaded into my 400 square foot garage behind my house. I started working on sorting, clearing, and organizing it a few weeks ago but as of yesterday it's finally usable and comfortable again! I'm so fucking happy.
20200427_091831.jpg
20200427_091852.jpg
20200427_091837.jpg
20200427_091816.jpg
20200427_091650.jpg
20200427_133440.jpg
20200427_133512.jpg
20200427_133613.jpg
20200427_133659.jpg

Edit

I realized that I never actually posted any of the actual "art" in my garage, so I just did. With Bonus of my little urban homestead setup that welcomes me into my now functional man cave. Note the sign from my now defunct bike shop I managed to mount to the ceiling.

·
Bronze member
1,639 Posts
2500 square foot shop got loaded into my 400 square foot garage behind my house.
That’s a major downsizing!
Sorry about your trouble from the accident.

I wondered about that Harley Davidson flag. When I figured out the word was forecasting I knew what it must be. Found them for sale online so I could read what the forecasts are.
Some people ignore that snow one.
And I guess the fog one could be considered incorrect, although they were including darkness for the same thing.

·
Registered
68 Posts
That’s a major downsizing!
Sorry about your trouble from the accident.

I wondered about that Harley Davidson flag. When I figured out the word was forecasting I knew what it must be. Found them for sale online so I could read what the forecasts are.
Some people ignore that snow one.
And I guess the fog one could be considered incorrect, although they were including darkness for the same thing.
I've ridden in the snow. Rode down to Savannah a few years ago for St Pats. Hit a blizzard on the way back home. I was coming up 13 and it hit us as soon as we finished crossing the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. Had to ride for a while before we found a place to stay. That was a rough day.

The flag was a gift from my wife. When we met I had recently gotten divorced and my ex took everything except my bike. I was basically living on it. It was my only vehicle for almost 2 years before I got my truck. But then my truck just sat there cause all I did was ride. Rain or shine. So she got me the flag and she hung it in the garage so I would know when to "just take fucking truck".

1 - 20 of 23 Posts