Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have different countries/regions in your ride command, updating the US maps with the latest one will delete the other countries' maps. For example, my RM came with the North America map. I purchased and downloaded the European map for my three-year sojourn in Germany. Over the winter, I downloaded the latest North American map to take advantage of my three years of free updates. After sitting through the lengthy update and install process, I discovered that my EU maps were gone. I am now in the process of re-downloading and re-installing my EU maps.

·
Rider
610 Posts
I wonder if you could download it to a thumb drive and wait to put on the bike until you need it?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wonder if you could download it to a thumb drive and wait to put on the bike until you need it?
I think that you could, since I had downloaded it back in November. However, I already installed it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you have different countries/regions in your ride command, updating the US maps with the latest one will delete the other countries' maps. For example, my RM came with the North America map. I purchased and downloaded the European map for my three-year sojourn in Germany. Over the winter, I downloaded the latest North American map to take advantage of my three years of free updates. After sitting through the lengthy update and install process, I discovered that my EU maps were gone. I am now in the process of re-downloading and re-installing my EU maps.
Hi Kitulu
I'm wondering where/how did you purchase the Europe map? what year model was it for was it for? someone told me you can only get new maps for 2020 models
I've looked but can't find one to buy, I have a 2019 RM. cheers

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have a 2018 RM and have the maps of Europe right now. I bought them when I was posted over here but kept the North America maps in the hard drive of the computer. In the 2018 Ride Command only one set of maps can be running at a time, IMHO . Cheers.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Kitulu
I'm wondering where/how did you purchase the Europe map? what year model was it for was it for? someone told me you can only get new maps for 2020 models
I've looked but can't find one to buy, I have a 2019 RM. cheers
I have a 2018 RM and have the maps of Europe right now. I bought them when I was posted over here but kept the North America maps in the hard drive of the computer. In the 2018 Ride Command only one set of maps can be running at a time, IMHO . Cheers.
I bought the maps from the company that provides the maps for Indian. IIRC, they cost me around 150 euro. I am on a 2017 RM, and was able to keep both sets of maps on the bike.

Reactions: Ogri

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought the maps from the company that provides the maps for Indian. IIRC, they cost me around 150 euro. I am on a 2017 RM, and was able to keep both sets of maps on the bike.
Hi Kitulu, would you share a link or a contact for the maps, please? The local stealer asks 450 Euro for a map upgrade on a 2017 Roadmaster!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Kitulu, would you share a link or a contact for the maps, please? The local stealer asks 450 Euro for a map upgrade on a 2017 Roadmaster!
At the moment, I don't have access to my computer with the info saved on it, as I am in the middle of a PCS move from Germany to the US. IIRC, I linked to the website to purchase the map updates through the map update software that you download from Indian.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anybody else have to link to the map purchase process? 170 US seems acceptable compared to the 520 Swiss Franks they ask for here in Switzerland ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts