Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

FYI... Don't crash your Indian!!! (well right it off if you do!)

915 Views 18 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Tundra_Man
FYI... Don't crash your Indian!!! (well right it off if you do!)
i Love Indian ...BUT they are driving me crazy!
I've been waiting for Parts from indian USA for over 6 months and they cannot give me ANY estimate of delivery Date. WTF!
I'm a Proud owner of a SCL after trading in my Scout in dec 22. In August someone pulled out through a giveway and off to the smash repairs (through Shannons)
$21000. worth of damage but not a right off .- Front end [email protected]#%ed , tank , highway bars, exhaust scratches but frame etc all okay.
This makes me think Indian are not a realistic choice ... such a bad taste in my mouth from the whole experience.
Can't ride... Loosing Value... no end in sight... can't sell it... and mental health blowing out.
Worst part is there is NOTHING i can do to even push it along.
Everyone is' REALLY SORRY ' but i'm the idiot who looses $$$ out for something that was not my fault. I would have been better running the car back over it a few times and writing it off. ( so doing the right thing does not pay)
I'm normally have been a big supporter of Indian and Love the bikes to ride and own.
Loyalty is earned ... NOT a given.
Sorry for the rant but I have too Vent with some others that will understand. thx.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
3,207 Posts
That's strange. I wonder if it is an Australian thing. When I was stationed in Germany, I had the front fender replaced under warranty, and the part was in in less than 2 weeks.

· Registered
129 Posts
I feel for you!
I had to wait over 7 months for a Scout I ordered. They told me it would be 12 weeks.
Assuming you had a lengthy wait to get your bike and now 6 month wait for repairs with no end in sight!
One of the reasons I purchased a bike was for helping with stress. (Go for a ride when I've had a stressful day. It does help!!)
Covid has wreaked havoc on so many things/industries but Indian seems (in my opinion) to be having a little harder time getting things back in order.
Best wishes for a fast resolution to your troubles.

· Registered
2019 Indian Scout ABS ICON
147 Posts
I was hit from the rear at a traffic light on my scout $7,000 in damage, it took the dealership 2 months to get her back together and most of the time was due to having the rear fender replaced and painted by a custom paint shop.

· Registered
22 Chief DarkHorse
569 Posts
This is why Harley davidson is successful. Their supply chain is miles better than Polaris/Indian. The customer service is great..sadly this is our new reality unless a nation steps up and says I will be a manufacturer/Distributer. China is in disarray We need to start making Manufacturing a global thing, but Greed gets in the way

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's strange. I wonder if it is an Australian thing. When I was stationed in Germany, I had the front fender replaced under warranty, and the part was in in less than 2 weeks.
yes ...it does seem that the further you get from the USA the further down the supply priority chain you get.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I feel for you!
I had to wait over 7 months for a Scout I ordered. They told me it would be 12 weeks.
Assuming you had a lengthy wait to get your bike and now 6 month wait for repairs with no end in sight!
One of the reasons I purchased a bike was for helping with stress. (Go for a ride when I've had a stressful day. It does help!!)
Covid has wreaked havoc on so many things/industries but Indian seems (in my opinion) to be having a little harder time getting things back in order.
Best wishes for a fast resolution to your troubles.
thx... thats my thing too.... I thought i was pretty resilient, stress mostly under control. This has made me realise how much my riding is(was) a therapy and how much this is affecting me ,not having it. Not that it was damaged ... Sh#t happens... but that there is not any time line ... heard from one indian rider that it took him 18 months to get a tank. come on Indian!!!
cheers

· Bronze member
'19 SF - Metallic Jade & Thunder Black
1,607 Posts
@Easy -what was your insurance co's reason for NOT totaling the bike? I get that the damage estimate is "only" about 2/3 of new retail, but they had to have had some other reason for not doing so.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@Easy -what was your insurance co's reason for NOT totaling the bike? I get that the damage estimate is "only" about 2/3 of new retail, but they had to have had some other reason for not doing so.
yes ... i have been arguing this with them....but not interested... not their responsibility for delays from manufacturers.
.... the Big insurance machine cannot handle reason unfortunately. lots of sympathy (Ha Ha )but never any re assessment.
cheers

· Registered
129 Posts
$21000. worth of damage but not a right off .- Front end [email protected]#%ed , tank , highway bars, exhaust scratches but frame etc all okay.
Oh I know your pain went through this last season. I'm very very surprised that $21,000 in damage was not considered a write off. Mine took forever to get parts fender and right hand switch cube took a few months.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts