Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before the virus issue, had anyone heard if Indian was going to make a full dressed version of the Challenger.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
If they do the same thing that they did with the Roadmaster, which was design it, then remove the trunk, lowers, and swap the highway bars and call it a Chieftain, then introduce the RM about 6 months later...

Reactions: IMARIDER

·
Administrator
14,798 Posts
It‘s all conjecture at this point — no “leaks” etc indicating that they are. It would kill the Roadmaster model and I think they would think long and hard before doing that — one of their more profitable models. And Indian is going to be very conservative until this corona thing blows over (got a survey the other day and based on their questions I think this entire riding season is going to have things on hold for the mothership).

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,110 Posts
There is evidence they are going to have a trunk available. There's also a spot for some fog lights.

·
Registered
545 Posts
How come you are constantly getting surveys? I've never had one sent my way. What makes you so special? ;)

got a survey the other day and based on their questions I think this entire riding season is going to have things on hold for the mothership.

·
Bronze member
3,973 Posts
It‘s all conjecture at this point — no “leaks” etc indicating that they are. It would kill the Roadmaster model and I think they would think long and hard before doing that — one of their more profitable models. And Indian is going to be very conservative until this corona thing blows over (got a survey the other day and based on their questions I think this entire riding season is going to have things on hold for the mothership).

Yep no reason to release new products when the consumer base is not employed or retracting spending habits. Maybe they can spend more time refining the new products so we don't have to endure as many issues on new models like we have had of late (Challenger, FTR)

·
Registered
344 Posts
As a previous owner of at least 2 FLTRU Road Glide Ultra's that is what I'm waiting for until then I just picked up a 2020 RM DH last month and am enjoying the 116, but I'm reserving long - term judgement on the new style fairing. I told someone just this morning that I might be regretting not going with the regular RM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts