Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - was just given a vintage 70's dirtbike (I believe an ME-100 but could be wrong). The thing is in rough shape, but could be a fun project to restore.

Sorry for the lack of pics - will upload when I get home. from what I can tell it has a Fuji motor, but it is SHOT. It has been sitting in the elements for 15+ years without the covers on the case!!

What are my options for a full replacement? Would prefer to just pick up a turnkey and drop it in. Anything other than Fuji or Hodaka? Is there a specific Hodaka that would bolt in?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey guys - was just given a vintage 70's dirtbike (I believe an ME-100 but could be wrong). The thing is in rough shape, but could be a fun project to restore.

Sorry for the lack of pics - will upload when I get home. from what I can tell it has a Fuji motor, but it is SHOT. It has been sitting in the elements for 15+ years without the covers on the case!!

What are my options for a full replacement? Would prefer to just pick up a turnkey and drop it in. Anything other than Fuji or Hodaka? Is there a specific Hodaka that would bolt in?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hodaka engines are not hard to come by. Also you will find Fuji engines for sale on Ebay from time to time. They are pretty good engines. Much better then the Italian powered bikes. A number of different brands used the Fuji engine in the late 60's and into the 70's. The bikes were built cheaply and the chrome goes away in short order. I have seen some use Yamaha & Honda front suspension and wheels. Others have blasted and painted the old wheels. They use the Hodaka air cleaner. Good luck with your project.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts