Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Indian Chieftain Classic, Stage 1 setup (Modified Stock Exh, Wimmer intake, PV3 tune by FM)
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying the PV-CX from Fuel Moto but I had some questions that they didn't answer. Currently my Chieftain has and aftermarket exhaust and I have a Wimmer air cleaner in queue pending the tuner. I know Fuel Moto offers a remote tuning service but they didn't answer whether or not the remote tune offers better improvements over just the standard tuner. My plans for the bike are gutting the cat, and installing the air cleaner but I wanted to know if I should/need to tune the bike before or after decatting it. I know Craig here works with or for FM and can do custom tunes. Would it be best just to buy the tuner and then contact him directly through here for further improvements? Sorry for the 20 questions but I'm a noob when it comes to tuning bikes.

·
Founding member
1,276 Posts
@CraigB1960 is the Fuel Moto Remote Tuner.... Or at least one of them, if they now have others.

Do your upgrades/decat, the tuning can be done once those things are done. None of what your talking about will disable your scoot and the Remote tuning will make it as if you have a new scoot. Good luck and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Craig B does the remote tuning service though Fuel Moto, you have to contact them for his remote tuning service, the custom tuning that Craig does is a better option than the canned tunes, both my Vintage and Roadmaster have had Craig B tunes, a big improvement on the stock tunes.

·
Bronze member
2,477 Posts
Money well spent in my opinion. Start with the Fuel Moto tunes, they in themselves are an improvement over stock or anything you'd find from Indian by far. If you want the best then CraigB is your guy to contact for remote tuning.

·
Silver member
4,719 Posts
I'm looking at buying the PV-CX from Fuel Moto but I had some questions that they didn't answer. Currently my Chieftain has and aftermarket exhaust and I have a Wimmer air cleaner in queue pending the tuner. I know Fuel Moto offers a remote tuning service but they didn't answer whether or not the remote tune offers better improvements over just the standard tuner. My plans for the bike are gutting the cat, and installing the air cleaner but I wanted to know if I should/need to tune the bike before or after decatting it. I know Craig here works with or for FM and can do custom tunes. Would it be best just to buy the tuner and then contact him directly through here for further improvements? Sorry for the 20 questions but I'm a noob when it comes to tuning bikes.
A remote tune or dyno tune (both a custom tune) is always an improvement over a canned tune...period. That is if done right! Many bad dyno tunes out there.

Dynojet has price policies in place so there is no advantage to purchase the Dynojet PV3 from any other supplier other than FuelmotoUSA. As a value added distributor, they provide good canned tunes for most configurations as well as excellent after sale support.

If all you are doing is a stage 1 upgrade, then FM offers very good "canned" tunes for that configuration. De-catting does not require a new tune, the stock header with the CAT is a good performer, de-catting it does not improve performance, sometimes hurts it a little.

The circumstances where a new tune is needed is when you put on an header like a True Dual system. The loss of torque in the mid-range is very noticeable. In any case the fuel imbalance between cylinders needs to be address in a tune.

Headers like the stock header de-catted, Fuelmoto's Jackpot header and Rinehart Slimline Duals do not require a new tune as they perform well. Most of the canned tunes were developed with the Jackpot or Rinehart Slimline Duals installed on the bike.

·
Registered
2019 Indian Chieftain Classic, Stage 1 setup (Modified Stock Exh, Wimmer intake, PV3 tune by FM)
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks folks. It sounds like the remote tuning isn't something I'll need with my configuration. I'll just get the tuner with the "canned" tune and go from there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts