Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my RM out of storage and went for a quick ride then to the gas station. Park her in the garage and notice the next day fuel smell, went to look the bike over and some fuel leaked out of the overflow fuel line onto the floor. Not sure why this happen should I purchase a pingel and if so does it get installed under the seat or end of hose at the bottom of bike. Just wondering my options. Thanks

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,057 Posts
You may have overfilled it a bit and leaked some out of the overflow tube. Always be sure to leave a little room for expansion....

I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens subsequent rides....

·
Registered
407 Posts
I fuel with the nozzle touching the baffle and when it cuts off I stop. Haven't had any issues doing it that way with fuel expanding.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,057 Posts
Looks like no additional fuel the next day.

Thanks Mack
Glad to help. I've had that happen before

I just fill to the bottom of the visible tab. Leaves room for expansion and sloshing without hitting the overfill tube...

·
Silver member
4,814 Posts
I had similar occurrences with my Road King. As mentioned above, prolly nothing more than a bit of overflow. When I fuel up now I don't jerk the pump handle to get that "last few ounces" of fuel in the tank. When the pump shuts off, that's it. Then I take the scenic route home to burn off a little fuel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts