Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
If you cant go fast you better look good
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HOLY CRAP!!!! that was my thought after getting my 1st tune! now let me back up a little. so riding with some freinds in southern MO, i got reeled in by a screamin eagle 103. i have the 116 kit and thought wth?? now i know his bike is built, and has head work and tuning done, but really??? at 110mph (dont judge- i have a mom) in 5th he got right next to me and i was done- thought this bike has to have more than this! so I pm'd craig at fuel moto and ordered the pcvx and his tune assistance. finally was able to install the unit and get some info to craig- 1st off craigs willingness to work with me, over a weekend- awesome! i had some issues at first, but once i got things rolling, got the stock tune to craig, within 20 minutes i had a basic 1st tune. and WOW!! what a difference. even using the narrow band O2 sensors (stock) the bike has come alive. Craig says that it will only get better with more logging (and i am now waiting for another tune). i am very impressed with everything. 1st and foremost is the support. like i said earlier, had some glitches and craig got me through em and that was greatly appriciated! its too often nowadays for customer service to suck- but not with fuel moto- funny side note, craig even emailed me making sure that all was ok, cause i got the hardware and didnt put it on the bike for a few days- and he just wanted to make sure i got it and was going to install it. would i buy from fuel moto again- heck yea!!!!!

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Agreed! I would not have a successful PVCX tune without the high level of customer service from Fuel Moto. I know for sure my tuning has been a real problem, but Craig has stuck with me through all of the rough stuff and we are coming out the other end with good results.

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
As I understand it now, they have no choice but to base their tuning on something that Polaris has already supplied as a base. Access to much of the ECM has not been 'cracked' yet. I am sure the Lloyds can be tuned... but may involve a lot of time and effort as well as access to a dyno to check and confirm results.

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
update- so i kept sending Craig maps and he was telling me that the info on the maps was not correct/corrupted/incomplete. Craig finally said -did you have a pcv on it?? and i said yes, before i did the 116 kit. light bulb! he said, ck down by the O2 sensor up front- is it connected- NOPE! so that is why i was giving bad maps!! so the mechanics didnt connect the O2 sensors back up when they did the 116 kit and tool the pcv off. kinda sucks but thought it was great that Craig knew where to go when he saw what he was getting. not his first rodeo. soooooo- sent him another map and now hopefully, he will see what the bike is doing and can tweak the base map he sent. cant wait!. OH- and if you do the tuning with an 2017 or newer- you have to disconnect the ride command- or it wont log correct data!!! FYI!!!!

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
In a similar fashion, I was using the PCV and had it removed prior to installing the 116 kit and tuning with PVCX. My bike had a lot of weird symptoms, but not related to any disconnected sensors. I did change out the injectors and we had to struggle through a lot of messy trials. As far as I can tell, we had enough symptoms to mask or overlay each other and had to sort them out one by one. There were a few times when I can tell you it was not any fun because the bike would suddenly go into considerable difficulty from one tune revision to the next. At times it was only able to run on one cylinder, and sometimes would jump timing tables without any known cause and seemingly go backwards in the refinement process. I think we have other troubles with the PVCX device as well, but Dynojet is taking care of that issue. Craig has hung there with me throughout... exemplary dedication!

·
Registered
2 Posts
update- so i kept sending Craig maps and he was telling me that the info on the maps was not correct/corrupted/incomplete. Craig finally said -did you have a pcv on it?? and i said yes, before i did the 116 kit. light bulb! he said, ck down by the O2 sensor up front- is it connected- NOPE! so that is why i was giving bad maps!! so the mechanics didnt connect the O2 sensors back up when they did the 116 kit and tool the pcv off. kinda sucks but thought it was great that Craig knew where to go when he saw what he was getting. not his first rodeo. soooooo- sent him another map and now hopefully, he will see what the bike is doing and can tweak the base map he sent. cant wait!. OH- and if you do the tuning with an 2017 or newer- you have to disconnect the ride command- or it wont log correct data!!! FYI!!!!
I am about to install freedom performance header and pipes with the fuel moto pvcx on a 17 chieftain. How do you disable/ disconnect the ride command?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Why do you have disconnect the ride command?
What's the reasoning behind this?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
apparently the ride command will not allow the ecu to be read during riding- reason????? but i can tell you it is correct. Craig had to remind me after i tried to log and got nothing. but going out for a 30 minute ride without the dash was fine. got great info and it took 2 seconds to remove the fuse, and put it back in when done.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Gotcha
Just havnt heard that before.
Now I got something to tell my customers when I hook them up with the pvcx

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea, i kept sending files with nothing in them to craig, he was like do you have ride command- then viola- got good files.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I'd be surprised if that built bike wouldn't still pull on you. The tune isn't worth much power. But, would be interesting to see...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts