Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please explain this process (e.g. requirements, time frame, satisfaction level). I have completed the modifications to my bike and I want to make sure that it running at its optimum.

Thanks in advance.

·
Rider
629 Posts
Step 1: Buy a PV3 from Fuelmoto, and purchase remote tuning service. Step 2: plug it into the port under the left side cover and have it read your bikes current tune to get all the info needed to send you a new one. Step 3: email that to fuel Moto, and our own CraigB will send you one of his tunes for your bike. Step4: Download tune, leave the PV3 connected to your bike and ride! Set it to log the riding. Craig will send you instructions on making some runs for the logs. step 5: email these logs to fuelmoto, Craig will tweak your tune and send it back to you. Step 6: repeat steps 4 and 5 until Craig has an all but perfect tune for your bike! Step 7: ride bike and prepare for your mouth to hurt from all the smiling!

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Purchased the PV3 from DJ. Thats shouldn't matter right? Thanks
Yes.
You will be going through DJ for support as of now.

You can however get in contact with FM and for a fee have their services.

Here is the dude you really want to speak with at this time.
@CraigB1960

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im sure its just me but I wasnt really happy with Dynojet services and would like something a bit more personalized. Dynojet is a pain to contact and I feel, maybe incorrectly, that they just sent me a canned tune (one size fits all). I have heard a lot about CraigB and I want him to tune my ride. So, I just now purchased their remote tuning service and hope everything works out.

·
Bronze member
2,221 Posts
ARTS (Advanced Remote Tuning Service) can be purchased from FuelMoto regardless where you bought your PV3!
(And Craig will take care of you from that moment on ... to get the optimal street tuning tune!)

If you had bought your PV3 from FuelMoto you will get free precanned(!) tunes which had been developed at FuelMoto more or less close to your individual setup.
(You need to either fill a form on purchase of the PV3 or later fill a tune request form and they will email you one)

Dynojet themselves have another free set of precanned tunes ... developed by Dynojet. You can get a tune from them for dree once you upload your specific PV_info.txt (and then chose one close to your bolt ons setup).

See ... 3 different sources :) !

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Me being the happy camper with my new Dynojet tuner and looking at all the tunes available from the DJ website failed to realize that checksum compatibility would become an issue. I spoke to one of their reps and was told that as soon as I got the Indian stage 2 calibration card all of those stage 2 tunes would be available. Nope. They were wrong. I sent them my new stage 2 PV txt and they sent me an email that said "Tune Attached" and nothing else.

I was expecting something like "Craig attached is a tune that is very similar to your current setup. Try this for a few engine cycles and let us now if there is an issue". So to be honest, not happy at all.

I purchased the Voodoo ac from Fuel Moto but thought it would be better to buy the Dynojet from DJ. My bad.

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Im sure its just me but I wasnt really happy with Dynojet services and would like something a bit more personalized. Dynojet is a pain to contact and I feel, maybe incorrectly, that they just sent me a canned tune (one size fits all). I have heard a lot about CraigB and I want him to tune my ride. So, I just now purchased their remote tuning service and hope everything works out.
It will. And you will also see that it's pretty straightforward process.
The longest and most difficult part of it, is the riding!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts