Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a pretty hands on background with programming maps on a Power Commander III & V, decided after reading on this forum from them that they had ran several scouts on dyno with many performance changes and was flashing the ECU with the powervision 3, thought I would save myself some time and go with professionals. I called and was told to just pay full price for Power vision 3 and follow instructions and I would get a map sent to me that was for my bike and my mods that would run perfect based off all this dyno data. I put my mods on V&H slip ons / Arlen Ness Torquebox, they show 103HP Dyno charts with this similar set up. First test run after flashing and confirming new map, bike runs friggin terrible, loss of power, bogs down and decel pops, I called for help and was told I would have to E-mail Tuning Tech support and here was my reply back ................

"Hello, the maps were developed on the dyno however every bike can be a little different any may require additional tuning. If you are having an issue we will need to see some datalogs. They can be submitted thru the Fuel Map link on our website. You can also try any of the maps from the dynojetpowervision.com website"

I guess for now I'm Back to downloading maps from Dynojet and tuning myself again, I could have saved myself $200.00 and just installed a PCV. After open up both maps and comparing them in the new Powercore software it just looks like somebody went in and changed rows of AFR data to to a ball park generic map, definitely not a map made from a dyno.

Here is the post from Fuelmoto stating Scout maps are ready
https://www.indianmotorcycles.net/threads/fuel-moto-scout-dyno-testing-dynojet-pv-cx-mapping.210848/

Green and red are percentage changes from stock map
Tables.jpg

·
Registered
66 Posts
fuel moto is not the way to go, they are generically tuning. no 2 bikes are the same. get a dyno vision cx tuner and find a dyno man that knows what he is doing then you will have it. first try for me and my beast. 116, 585 loydz cams and freedom true duel straight pipes, never have had a problem, . 10, 000 miles on the big bore and I ride it like I stole it. never a miss hiccup or stall

1 - 2 of 2 Posts