Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I called ahead and made the appointment for the following week to take down both my bikes a 2015 Vintage and my Dark Horse. The dealership is about 30 minutes away, so not so bad.. As I got to the dealership they said they didn't have anymore fuel rails in but they had the kit to push the line out of the way of the gas tank. But the fuel was damaged and leaking, so I they couldn't fix it or let it go, in case of fire, very understandable and so glad I got her bike down there first. So they were hoping to have the part in by today (3/10/17), since they already had them on order. So I called today to check and they are back order until the 22nd! Not good, wanted to ride this weekend and next weekend is a Polar Bear run that we wanted to do. So I called Polaris to see if I could get the part faster or if they could give me a loaner or something... Got no where with them except a case number. Have not taken down the Dark Horse yet, hope its not leaking.. Oh and the Salt Lake dealership is closing there doors on the 27th of this mouth... Uggg

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Wow ,when I was out in Salt Lake City, I stopped by the Indian store to buy a tee shirt. Very nice people.
Yes, very nice people.. Roy and Roger great guys, To bad the guy that owns the dealership wants to just drop the Indian line and just keep pushing the Harley brand. I'm hoping that one of the Victory guys pick up the Indian line, or someone just opens up a new Indian dealership.. HOPING!!

·
Rider
970 Posts
I have a 16 CDH....Mine only needed to be looked at, no parts needed

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
582 Posts
Hey guys with the negativity about an abandoned brand, go chill the hell out. Polaris dropped Victory after it lost money for 5 years straight. They were patient. For whatever reason, the brand didn't take off and become a financial success (or a break-even) despite being superior bikes to the H-Ds which were the nearest competition. The styling, while attractive to me, wasn't as much as H-D's looks. Let me get back on point; there is absolutely no indication that Polaris is going to drop Indian. The brand is growing year-over-year and had already dwarfed Victory (an established brand) in both sales volume, and profit. Financially, it made sense for Polaris to focus their attention on the new brand that was taking off like a bat out of hell, even if the Victory bikes were more advanced in several ways. It's what the market demanded. So, chill out with your negativity and boo-hoo-ism.

Indian is here to stay.

TheDude

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys with the negativity about an abandoned brand, go chill the hell out. Polaris dropped Victory after it lost money for 5 years straight. They were patient. For whatever reason, the brand didn't take off and become a financial success (or a break-even) despite being superior bikes to the H-Ds which were the nearest competition. The styling, while attractive to me, wasn't as much as H-D's looks. Let me get back on point; there is absolutely no indication that Polaris is going to drop Indian. The brand is growing year-over-year and had already dwarfed Victory (an established brand) in both sales volume, and profit. Financially, it made sense for Polaris to focus their attention on the new brand that was taking off like a bat out of hell, even if the Victory bikes were more advanced in several ways. It's what the market demanded. So, chill out with your negativity and boo-hoo-ism.

Indian is here to stay.

TheDude
No negativity here Dude..
I know Indian is here to stay!!
Just hoping someone else opens a new Indian dealership here in Utah.
I have only herd rumors that there might be two possible new dealerships coming, hope it happens.
By the way if you want to check out some very cool vintage Indians, go to Legends in Springville, Utah

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
No negativity here Dude..
I know Indian is here to stay!!
Just hoping someone else opens a new Indian dealership here in Utah.
I have only herd rumors that there might be two possible new dealerships coming, hope it happens.
By the way if you want to check out some very cool vintage Indians, go to Legends in Springville, Utah
They'll get there on more Dealers over the next couple of years, partly based on the States overall population. We finally have 16 Indian Dealers here in Texas and rumors abound about another 3 at least in the next couple of years.

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

·
Registered
130 Posts
My dealership has been great so far. Gina's Indian in Monee Il. Took my RM in for the recall and just had to inspect. No damage but did install a clip that secures it in position to prevent any further issues.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Is this recall for every 2017 RM? I ran my VIN though the NTSB recall finder and came up with nothing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is this recall for every 2017 RM? I ran my VIN though the NTSB recall finder and came up with nothing.
The recall (16V877) is for all 2014-2017 Indian Motorcycles 111's, but I would think that a 2017 would of already been checked before it left the dealership. I would call your dealership and double check.

·
Founding Member
673 Posts
Had mine done today (2014 Vintage). No damage to fuel rail, but it was touching the tank. They swapped it out for a new style rail (different shape), installed clip - Dan

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
This recall makes zero sense. According to the recall notice, the fuel rail may contact the engine. Look at yours. The fuel rail/lines run between the tank and frame then over to the injectors, which sit on top of the engine. No way possible for the fuel rail to touch the engine, none. The bracket they put on behind the horn doesn't come close to the fuel line either, so what is it for? BUT, where it runs between the tank and frame is a chafing issue, but not recalled. I watched them do my recall, it's a joke.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I was told to call ahead and they will make sure they have one on hand and mark it for me in case I need it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
This recall makes zero sense. According to the recall notice, the fuel rail may contact the engine. Look at yours. The fuel rail/lines run between the tank and frame then over to the injectors, which sit on top of the engine. No way possible for the fuel rail to touch the engine, none. The bracket they put on behind the horn doesn't come close to the fuel line either, so what is it for? BUT, where it runs between the tank and frame is a chafing issue, but not recalled. I watched them do my recall, it's a joke.
Last fall someone posted a pic of this and I believe his fuel line was replaced. This was before any recall. I took a look at mine( had to raise the rear of the tank) and found the same thing (2014 Vintage). Looking at the thickness of the fuel line I wasn't worried about it rubbing all the way thru and leaking, but did wrap the area a couple of times with duck tape. Couple of days ago I checked to see how much tape had worn away and the first layer had a hole worn thru, but not the second layer. I took a closer look at the tank and fuel line and saw that the frame has a channel for the fuel line to follow and my line does not follow the channel. It drops straight down before reaching the end of the channel, which is why it is rubbing between the tank and frame. I will be taking it in to get that line replaced.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I called ahead and made the appointment for the following week to take down both my bikes a 2015 Vintage and my Dark Horse. The dealership is about 30 minutes away, so not so bad.. As I got to the dealership they said they didn't have anymore fuel rails in but they had the kit to push the line out of the way of the gas tank. But the fuel was damaged and leaking, so I they couldn't fix it or let it go, in case of fire, very understandable and so glad I got her bike down there first. So they were hoping to have the part in by today (3/10/17), since they already had them on order. So I called today to check and they are back order until the 22nd! Not good, wanted to ride this weekend and next weekend is a Polar Bear run that we wanted to do. So I called Polaris to see if I could get the part faster or if they could give me a loaner or something... Got no where with them except a case number. Have not taken down the Dark Horse yet, hope its not leaking.. Oh and the Salt Lake dealership is closing there doors on the 27th of this mouth... Uggg
Update: still waiting for the fuel rail, hopefully by this Tuesday because that is there last day before they close the doors. The 2016 Dark Horse just needed the bracket and is all good. But the wife is missing her vintage really bad and not happy about it being in the shop..

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
The recall (16V877) is for all 2014-2017 Indian Motorcycles 111's, but I would think that a 2017 would of already been checked before it left the dealership. I would call your dealership and double check.
It is my understanding that it does not cover all 111s... that's what my dealer told me..

1 - 20 of 41 Posts