Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I'm running the bike in, I think 54mpg isn't bad for the first tank of fuel, which involved a whole variety of riding. The fuel light came on at 127 miles, I filled up at 131 miles, and I could have gone another 18 miles at the same mpg. I got caught in a traffic jam on the way home today, and I was a bit worried the bike might overheat; but the fan worked well, coming on whenever the engine reached 98 degrees and bringing it back down to 93 degrees. I eventually managed to escape back onto the open road, and it was good to see the engine back down to about 80 degrees.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Although I'm running the bike in, I think 54mpg isn't bad for the first tank of fuel, which involved a whole variety of riding. The fuel light came on at 127 miles, I filled up at 131 miles, and I could have gone another 18 miles at the same mpg. I got caught in a traffic jam on the way home today, and I was a bit worried the bike might overheat; but the fan worked well, coming on whenever the engine reached 98 degrees and bringing it back down to 93 degrees. I eventually managed to escape back onto the open road, and it was good to see the engine back down to about 80 degrees.
Not much different MPG than the Scout 70.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts