Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Indian FTR 1200 S
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a fuel bottle mounted on their FTR? I think the idea of carrying some extra fuel wouldn't hurt given this things range, especially on longer trips. But I'm not the most creative person in the world and would like to keep the aesthetics of the bike. I do have the rear luggage rack from Indian so mounting it on there is an option but I'm interested in seeing if anyone else has it in a more conducive area.

·
Registered
2019 Indian FTR 1200 S
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be good for long trips, but I was thinking more like a standard 1.5 liter fuel bottle to carry on there all the time for when I try to push that gas light too far. Maybe even 2 of them, one on each side, just to keep symmetrical and my OCD in check...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Could be good for long trips, but I was thinking more like a standard 1.5 liter fuel bottle to carry on there all the time for when I try to push that gas light too far. Maybe even 2 of them, one on each side, just to keep symmetrical and my OCD in check...
I have a Givi 2.5 ltr bottle that I have strapped on to my rack in the past. It comes with a filling spout as well, only cost £20 ish. Have a look on their web site.

·
Rider
1,336 Posts
Just adequately plan your 'longer' trip and you've no need to carry the extra fuel. I think the range of the FTR with it's ergonomics and for what it is, is sufficient enough. Ride a 48 for a while and you'll then realize what the 'desperation to carry extra fuel with you' is all about. There are much more handy things you should take with you on longer trips, fuel is not one of them when I took the FTR across Europe.

:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts