Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the fuel level mileage count accurate? Out of real experience, what is the approx. autonomy when the fuel gauge switches to "low"?

·
Bronze member
2,126 Posts
Mines ballpark sometimes I get 4 gal in some times 41/2 one time 3 1/2 personally air pressure and milage left to empty I’m finding to be ball park #,s

·
Bronze member
1,762 Posts
Depends how you ride. I generally get 100 miles before the low light comes on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
100 miles or 160 km here in Europe before the low indicator lights up sounds fair indeed.

Also, what autonomy can you hope for once it's on low? There is no count down then.

·
Read Only
636 Posts
Yes, it all depends on your driving style and area. In town/city light to light, I'm getting around 38 mpg. On back country roads/highway, I'm getting around 45 mpg. With factory fuel map - no flash tune. The distance till the low fuel lamp illuminates constantly changes as the ECU updates the info received from sensors.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What I tried to ask, as a non English native speaker is how much km or miles can you expect to do once the low fuel sign lits up and until you dry out the tank.

Envoyé de mon VTR-L09 en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
About 20miles

But it’s never good to let your tank constantly get that empty. As your pump requires fuel for cooling.

Thanks. The idea was to know how urgent it is to refuel.
By comparison, on the BMWs there is a countdown that helps to avoid going dry or to have to push

·
Bronze member
2,126 Posts
What I tried to ask, as a non English native speaker is how much km or miles can you expect to do once the low fuel sign lits up and until you dry out the tank.

I can do 50 miles no problem. And I’ve always run like that while running long. On all my bikes I run tank to tank never a problem fuel pump wise. Maybe just lucky all these years.

·
Bronze member
1,762 Posts
Thanks. The idea was to know how urgent it is to refuel.
By comparison, on the BMWs there is a countdown that helps to avoid going dry or to have to push

Do you have the base or s? The s it shows you a count down. Once my gauge turns yellow is says 20 miles

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you have the base or s? The s it shows you a count down. Once my gauge turns yellow is says 20 miles

Got the S.
There is no count down, only shows "low" where the miles used to be before hitting the reserve.

Braap!

·
Bronze member
1,762 Posts
Well, for example. Mine usually says 120-130 till empty. The “low” comes on around 20 Mpg till empty

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have never seen the low fuel light, when the guage on my Base model gets to 2 bars I get gas.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts