Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just getting info with this question.Was poking around the internet a week ago and came across a 900 dollar fuel meter that claimed it was plug and play by constant reading of fuel air mixture.No program to put in.More like what I think would be operation of a car.From the little reading I have done on this site it seems there are set programs that control the fuel air mix .What did I miss?I thought that fuel air mix was controlled by o2 sensors in the exhaust.If true then wouldn't a constant reading to get correct mixture be best?

·
Bronze member
2,292 Posts
Just getting info with this question.Was poking around the internet a week ago and came across a 900 dollar fuel meter that claimed it was plug and play by constant reading of fuel air mixture.No program to put in.More like what I think would be operation of a car.From the little reading I have done on this site it seems there are set programs that control the fuel air mix .What did I miss?I thought that fuel air mix was controlled by o2 sensors in the exhaust.If true then wouldn't a constant reading to get correct mixture be best?
I think you are referring to one of those AFR monitoring (metering) devices which come with an electronic gauge AND supplied wide band O2 sensor(s).

Like Innovate, AEM and others offer ...

Popular in the tuning world ... but they ONLY provide AFR readings and display on the gauge ... independent and parallel to your ECU and stock narrowband sensors.

If you want a smart and far more flexible and capable solution:
Get a Dynojet PV3 with additional WBCX dual wide band module and sensors.
You will not only be able to display AFR1 and AFR2 on your handlebar mounted PV3 (used as gauge) ... but you will be able to properly log and process AFR data for WOT tuning!
(oh ... and you will stay slightly below USD 900 )

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts