Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Rider
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5 in 1 Fuel Additive
I have been using this for a few years now. Wanted to see if others are using this or have used it before.

·
Bronze member
1,224 Posts
In this modern age, I don't understand why folks want to add "stuff" to their gas or oil. With the exception of fuel stabilizer to keep gas from aging during storage, all the additives are snake oil for the gullible. Even the fuel stabilizer wouldn't be as important if modern gas wasn't "watered down" with ethanol.

·
Bronze member
2,990 Posts
Periodically,I'll add a couple oz. of Marvel Mystery Oil to my gas [in all my gas operated vehicles and equipment] so as to lubricate the injectors as well as the top ends of those motors,and IT WORKS.But that's me and ,as you guys should know by now,I'm not too bright.:rolleyes:(y)

·
Rider
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is why I like the forum to get the opinion of others. Just because I have been using this doesn’t mean it is the best thing to do. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Silver member
4,865 Posts
Month or two ago someone here posted a video showing how well (or not) some of the more popular fuel additives, added to ethanol fuel worked. Overall, non were very impressive, at least according to the video.

If you have access to eth free gas, fill might consider a up with that. I fill up with eth free and no longer bother with the additives. When I did use an additive, it was marine grade Sta-bil, but only for over winter storage. With eth free gas and no Stab-bil the Vintage and my zero turn always start up in the spring with no problems. YMMV...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts