Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before you think this is crazy, I KNOW fuel additives can improve performance in the motor of a car. Are any of you using additive in your 111? If so, what would you recommend please?

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,948 Posts
I use the indian fuel injection cleaner, but that's it....

·
Bronze member
1,425 Posts
Before you think this is crazy, I KNOW fuel additives can improve performance in the motor of a car. Are any of you using additive in your 111? If so, what would you recommend please?
Not a 111 or 116, but I ran some seafoam in my Fuel and oil on my 125 cube Kwaka...
Top end rattle from the HLA went away, engine felt a good deal smoother and cleaner running.
Been in oil about 1000 miles, some 1600+km, so time to do oil change and get any suspended gunk out.

·
Bronze member
2,668 Posts
A little trick that was passed on to me a looooooooooooooong time ago was to periodically add a couple oz. of Sea Foam [to keep the fuel system clean],and a couple oz. of Marvel Mystery oil [for upper cylinder lube] to a full tank of gas in all my vehicles and gas powered equipment and it's working.These two additives will help keep the fuel systems clean,while improving the over all performance of the motors.Just don't over do it by adding too much.I think you'll like the results!! Dave!!!

·
Rider
918 Posts
I have used Lucas oil upper cylinder cleaner/fuel system cleaner and noticed an improvement in mpg. As @Davetac1 stated I have used the other two he listed as well with good results. For Lucas it is like 1oz for 5 gal of gas, so like he said don't over do it.

I will be trying the seafoam in my trucks oil right before an oil change to remove some of the gunk/varnish from the inside of the engine. Takes only a few ounces. We will see.

·
Bronze member
1,314 Posts
Just run a good grade of gas in your scoot (Shell, Sunoco, etc), top your tank off often to keep condensation to a minimum and use MARINE grade STABILE fuel stabilizer for off season use and you'll be fine. None of us will live long enough to realize the minute degradation of our internals by NOT using this stuff, unless you plan on living to 3,456 years old and put 56,000,000 miles on your bike. Remember what we all learned in our early science classes; garbage in = garbage out!!! I know there are guys who swear by this stuff and believe it makes your scoot run cleaner or better, but the benefits are really negligible. I'd rather put my money into parts which make my scoot look and feel good. Just my opinion, for what it's worth.

·
Bronze member
2,668 Posts
I plan on living for 3500 years and log atleast 57,000,000 miles on my scooters.lol lol And if ya don't believe the part about living 3500 years,just ask my wife cause she keeps telling me that only the good die young,but that's not me,hence I'm gonna live forever!! lol lol Dave!!!

·
Rider
879 Posts
None of us will live long enough to realize the minute degradation of our internals by NOT using this stuff, unless you plan on living to 3,456 years old and put 56,000,000 miles on your bike.
They can and will degrade much sooner than that. It can for sure happen within the lifetime of a single owner. Plus, what if one has plans to pass their cycle down to their next of kin? Why not spend the ~$12 to keep everything as clean and maintained as possible? That ~$12 will last months.

A problem today is that a lot of people have the consumer way thinking. In that after a year or 2, then you need to trade in for the next newest and greatest. I've seen many people lose their arse's trading their bikes in, months after purchasing, only because another model or color come out.

But sure go ahead and spend WAY more money customizing your bike that may not suit the next guy who owns it and result in a loss for you cuz he wont pay more for your customization's.

I use Liquid Molly.

·
Rider
918 Posts
The Seafoam is added to the gas,NOT THE OIL!! CAPISHE?? Dave!!!
@Davetac1 You can add 1 ounce per quart of oil to clean the engine. It is on the label for seafoam. I said I was putting it in my truck. I would not put it in the bike since the trans and engine run off the same oil. I have put it in my twin cam right before an oil change to help clean it out a bit.

Here is a link if you don't believe me:

·
Bronze member
2,668 Posts
@Davetac1 You can add 1 ounce per quart of oil to clean the engine. It is on the label for seafoam. I said I was putting it in my truck. I would not put it in the bike since the trans and engine run off the same oil. I have put it in my twin cam right before an oil change to help clean it out a bit.

Here is a link if you don't believe me:

You are correct.My appologies sir.It's tough to get,ya know!! lol lol

1 - 20 of 59 Posts