Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new 2019 FTR1200S Race Replica, picked it up 2 weeks ago and have ridden about 200 miles on it so far. Today I went to go ride and the lights all come on, dash boots up, but when I go to start it up it just goes click, click, click.

I checked the VIN and the 10A recall was completed by the dealer before I picked it up.

I searched around and saw a lot of advocates on doing the PV3 tune. Any other ideas before I drop the $400 on a tune?

I’m relatively new to riding, can the tuners be shared if I find someone local or no?

·
Registered
219 Posts
First thing to suspect if click click click while trying to start is the battery. Needs to be recharged.

If that is the problem, there are several reasons why it might be too discharged to start the bike.

Reactions: IMARIDER

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now I’m kicking myself for giving away my tender when I sold my other bike last weekend. I guess a trip to Home Depot is in the cards. Bummer since it is such a nice riding day.

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Battery is dumped.
Likely needs a new.
Call dealer I'm sure they will resolve.

ECU and tuning is not in play here. Just age and lack of use.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Grabbed a tender when I was out at the hardware store last night. Let is charge overnight and just tried it, started up on the first go, so definitely the battery. At least I don’t have to deal with getting it towed....

I’ll get the dealer to fix with the 500 mile maintenance.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts