Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Silver member
3,632 Posts
The trellis frame blocks the Indian script embossed on the engine covers. Unacceptable. They need more Indian logos to make up for it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Awesome! Where did you get these pictures? I’m not finding anything anywhere else.

First thoughts-I’m glad they used these wheels, I really like them,

I’m super glad it’s chain driven. I was really hoping they wouldn’t do something lame like belt drive on it

I understand the exhaust, but like the high straight exhaust of the prototype much better

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Apparently the base FTR 1200 is relatively basic, keeping a single analog speedometer and digital read-out, the FTR 1200S ups the tech with a customizable 4.3-inch LCD touchscreen, defeatable ABS, three ride modes and lean angle-sensitive traction and stability control. Priced at $12,999 and $14,999 respectively with a race-replica colorway at $15,999...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Definitely happy with how Indian has stuck to the customs look for the most part. The fact that there's a regular speedometer as an option makes it better.

Granted I dislike the exhaust, but the more I see it the more I think it's the angle at the end that is off putting. That and the seat isn't my cup of tea, but I'd rather have a little bit of steel to slap some bags on it than a passenger.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
That is about the ugliest exhaust system I've ever seen on a bike, who in hell is designing these things?

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Awesome! Where did you get these pictures? I’m not finding anything anywhere else.

First thoughts-I’m glad they used these wheels, I really like them,

I’m super glad it’s chain driven. I was really hoping they wouldn’t do something lame like belt drive on it

I understand the exhaust, but like the high straight exhaust of the prototype much better
Sure there will be several options for aftermarket exhaust within a few months.

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

·
Bronze member
2,176 Posts
Women don't tell me what I can and can't do.

Yes I will trade up... Pending price lol

·
Silver member
5,035 Posts
Definitely happy with how Indian has stuck to the customs look for the most part. The fact that there's a regular speedometer as an option makes it better.

Granted I dislike the exhaust, but the more I see it the more I think it's the angle at the end that is off putting. That and the seat isn't my cup of tea, but I'd rather have a little bit of steel to slap some bags on it than a passenger.
If you watch the videos on Indian's website they have the high exhaust like the custom as an accessory option!

Reactions: BoySCOUT

·
Registered
593 Posts
The American cycle industry rises to lead the world. I’m proud to ride an Indian.

Honestly, to me that's the big deal here. All the tech of a world class bike (lean angle sensitive T/C and abs, rider modes, adjustable suspension, Brembo brakes). They don't appear to have "cheaped out". Whole lot different to build a world-class competitive bike, than a big, heavy cruiser, where weight, performance and technology don't matter. The tech on this one rivals what's on a KTM or Ducati. 518 lb wet weight is more than I'd have liked, but about what I expected.

33" seat height is a surprise-that's in ADV land. But-so is 5.9" of suspension travel and 7.2" ground clearance! I like!

In the words of Joe Biden, "This is a big f***in' deal".

·
Bronze member
3,427 Posts
Well that's a big BOOM! There will be some skeptics, there always is, but this in my opinion is in baseball terms a Grand-Slam walk off! In the new generations language "Drop of the mic". Well done Indian, well done.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts