Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So I鈥檝e seen a lot of you guys and girls saying that you got a hold of Workshop manuals for your FTR鈥檚. Are you getting them through Indian? And if so what are they costing you guys and how long are you waiting for them or do they have them in stock??
cheers
馃憤馃槑馃嚘馃嚭

Rider
Ordered through the Indian dealer I bought the bike from on April 30th. Ordered a few accessories also. The accessories came in already but the manual hasn鈥檛. They said it doesn鈥檛 show it being backorder so it should be there soon. We鈥檒l see. I think it was $90. Didn鈥檛 ask.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Ordered through the Indian dealer I bought the bike from on April 30th. Ordered a few accessories also. The accessories came in already but the manual hasn鈥檛. They said it doesn鈥檛 show it being backorder so it should be there soon. We鈥檒l see. I think it was $90. Didn鈥檛 ask.
Rito cheers mate 馃槑馃憤馃嚘馃嚭

Registered
Bought from selling dealer.

Excellent manual. As good as the 鈥渂ig four鈥 factory manuals.

I like to support my dealer for parts etc... But never for service unless it鈥檚 a warranty item. And even in that case, I give my bikes a serious once-over at home when I get them back.

Don鈥檛 know if all US motorcycle dealerships generally work this way, but at my Beemer dealership, you pay a fixed hourly shop rate. The mechanic gets paid by the job. A potential recipe for mistakes and you get the privilege of paying for them

Rider
Dealer called me Tuesday 5/12 and said it arrived.

edit: just picked it up today. $79

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
I called the dealer today to book the bike in for its first service. Talked to the service manger. Asked him about any new uploads for tune or ecu. I was told no nothing yet because the last tune failed the emissions rest in the EU and therefore we won鈥檛 get one here in Aus for whenever. Also asked him about a workshop manual for the FTR. The Answer...鈥滻 dunno mate鈥 ok well can you tell me where I can get one?...鈥漝unno mate鈥 so I got onto the Indian web site and live chat. Asked the same question. The come back was contact your dealer. After all that I had been talking to the National Parts and Accessories Manager for Australia and New Zealand. 3 weeks mate. No probs. Thanks Steve. Your awesome mate 馃憤馃槑馃嚘馃嚭

Rider
Why didn鈥檛 you just lift the part number of the manual off the site and go order it from your dealer parts department? He sounds rubbish by the way!

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Why didn鈥檛 you just lift the part number of the manual off the site and go order it from your dealer parts department? He sounds rubbish by the way!
Because he has no clue. Done through people who actually know what they doing and actually know what a workshop manual is. And my package turned up today. Happy happy joy joy 馃憤馃槑馃嚘馃嚭

Registered
1 - 15 of 15 Posts