Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking under my bike... Cos, why not! I noticed near the free Allen key on the stator side of the engine a little weep.... Come on guys, lay under your bike and see if you bikes weep there too. Its around one of the bolts that holds some wiring in that plastic channeling. I did take a tool to that fixing to see if it was loose and it isn't. As soon as I saw it I cleaned it off, so the pictures do not show oil, just the site of the leak. I had noticed oil on the plastic channeling but thought is was where I had sprayed it with GT- 85. Cheers guys.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I look at the floor, and I see it needs sweeping. While my FTR, gentle weeps...

Sorry, couldn't help myself. But no, no weeping from mine. And this was checked before and after a 30 minute ride into work.
Very good mate 😂

·
Registered
174 Posts
That is the bolt I needed to remove to install the Wunderkind chin faring, dry as a bone!!!!!

·
Registered
2019 Indian FTR 1200 S
538 Posts
Excellent use of Beatles lyrics, incorporating it into our forum...but your initial post said "While my FTR, gentle weeps..."

I probably should have not even responded initially, just my pedantic nature, or more likely I'm jealous you thought of it...lol
I knew what you meant, realized my mistake and tried to edit the original post. I was just being facetious. 😉

·
Registered
478 Posts
Based on your post, I checked my bike and found no leaking. Then I figured, since I already have the cover off I might as well go for a ride. Short cut to 2 hours later, and I found out that my wallet fell out of my pocket some time during that ride and is lost forever.

So I blame you and your weeping bolt. :devilish:

·
Silver member
5,505 Posts
I hope a good samaritan finds it.

Ugh! the thought alone: credit/bank cards, drivers licenses, green card...

·
Registered
478 Posts
Once I got back and realized that it was gone, I retraced the last 10 miles of the trip and stopped in at both gas stations that I went to but no luck. The ride was 110 miles long so I wasn't going to go over the whole route again. It only had $20 in it but, like you said, a lot of other stuff that is a real pain to get replaced plus some of it comes with fees attached. I do hope someone finds it and uses the $20 to drop it in the mail. However because of the time it takes to get some stuff replaced, I had to already get the ball rolling on that so even if it does show up, it doesn't do me much good except for the peace of mind that everything is back in my possession. I would suggest that everyone write their phone number on a slip of paper that says "If found, please call..." and put it in their wallet. I wish I had.

The upside is that when my wife asked me what I want for Father's Day, I now had an answer for her.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Not that it's on topic but...

FedEx says my PV3 from Fuel Moto was delivered at 12:01pm today. I live in an apartment, and the office isn't even open until 1pm on Sundays so I thought that was weird (and by weird I mean impossible). The office staff says there is definition no package for me. I called FedEx, and they said they would look into it and get back to me in a day or two.

Boy, I'm batting a thousand this weekend. :poop::poop::poop:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts