Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

221 - 240 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Indian FTR 1200 S
480 Posts
Unpopular opinion here... I'm looking to get a replacement DT3-R for the rear since I have way too much tread left on the front and living in Fl, I mostly ride in straight lines so I cannot justify spending the extra money on sport touring tires until both tires are worn. However I was looking on dunlops website to see if they were offering any rebates and they do not list the tire for sale anymore. They don't even have the FTR as an option when selecting make/model for their tire finder. I guess they gave up on the flat track inspired tires...Still seem to be available on other online retailers though.

·
Rider
1,054 Posts
Unpopular opinion here... I'm looking to get a replacement DT3-R for the rear since I have way too much tread left on the front and living in Fl, I mostly ride in straight lines so I cannot justify spending the extra money on sport touring tires until both tires are worn. However I was looking on dunlops website to see if they were offering any rebates and they do not list the tire for sale anymore. They don't even have the FTR as an option when selecting make/model for their tire finder. I guess they gave up on the flat track inspired tires...Still seem to be available on other online retailers though.
I'd give your Dealer a call and check. Can't see Dunlop eliminating that tire already....

·
Registered
2019 Indian FTR 1200 S
480 Posts
I'd give your Dealer a call and check. Can't see Dunlop eliminating that tire already....
I left them and a few other motorcycle shops in the area messages already looking for quotes. I was just curious if they're discontinuing them since they took them off the website.

·
Registered
2019 Indian FTR 1200 S
480 Posts
Interesting too that a certified dunlop dealer near me cannot even find the tire.. I guess its an Indian exclusive thing. But she did say if I can buy the tire online, she'll still install it.

·
Rider
1,054 Posts
They were made specifically for the Indian FTR, as I understand.....

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yes, they were. But that also makes it an unviable product to continue with production when all (err...."most") the FTR owners hate the tire and choose other options.

·
Registered
2019 Indian FTR 1200 S
480 Posts
I'm not saying I love the tire, but in all honesty, I probably won't notice too much of a performance difference between the DT3-Rs and a sport touring tire because I dont really have the roads to push the tires to their limits so I cant justify that cost difference when I have another 5,000-8,000 miles left on my front. I'm sure Dunlop will discontue them soon though. Even the new FTR rallies are coming with the Pirelli tires.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I cant justify that cost difference when I have another 5,000-8,000 miles left on my front
To each their own. But I wouldn't let that persuade you to stay on the DT3Rs. Tires are pretty affordable, especially if you can remove your own wheels, or even change your own tires. Also, learn when a front tire is actually garbage. As soon as you can see or feel flat spots, and especially any cupping, get rid of it. You'll likely still have plenty of tread left on the front, but once it starts to deform, it's going to feel terrible and not be as safe to ride on. The DT3Rs are soft and burn up quick. Be sure to study your front tire wear relatively often.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I ordered T31s in January, tyre folks said they had none in stock but were getting some in, turns out theT31 has been superseded so I’m getting Bridgestone T32s instead, reviews are positive and they are an update to the T31 so I’m looking forward to their arrival, a burnout finished off the rear the other day so I’m ready for some minty fresh rubber

·
Registered
372 Posts
Interesting! I guess I bought my T31's a bit too soon. Plus, the Bridgestone rebate program is going on right now, too. ($50 pre-paid visa, or $25/tire)

Rebate:

T32:

·
Registered
2019 FTR 1200 S
54 Posts
I'll never have my FTR in the dirt, it's a paved road only bike... That being said... Anyone use the Metzeler Cruisetecs? Seems they are a very highly rated cruiser tire at Revzilla... Perhaps too heavy and might impede turn in performance on an FTR?

·
Bronze member
2,222 Posts
Bridgestone is having their spring rebate again. So $200ish for a set of tires after rebate from rockymoutain atv. Ordered my second set of t31s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Indian FTR 1200 S
480 Posts
Well good thing I didn't order my rear tire yet... for an extra $40 with the rebate, now I can get a front and rear, I couldn't pass that up. T31s have been ordered!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Bridgestone is having their spring rebate again. So $200ish for a set of tires after rebate from rockymoutain atv. Ordered my second set of t31s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you able to get exact size in T31s? I am thinking of getting tires...

Reactions: 1smoothscout
221 - 240 of 265 Posts