Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I’m contemplating trading in my Chief Dark Horse for an FTR s, and when I test rode it i had pain in my hands from leaning forward and the pressure place on the grips. The dealer stated others have had the FTR Rally bars fitted to them and the issue has gone away.
So my questions are, has anyone had this wrist pain and had the bars fitted? Or does anyone have an FTR Rally to see if the higher bars prevent this pain?

any advice would be greatly appreciated please 🤞

·
Registered
2019 Indian FTR 1200 S
672 Posts
I had similar pain in my wrists and palms. This was the closest thing I have ever ridden to a sport bike before and I wasn't used to the forward leaning nature, albeit the FTR isn't really that far forward leaning. I swapped for the rally bars and it 100% made a difference and I wish I would have done it at day 1. I use the bike mostly for commuting so it does sit me a bit more upright.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had similar pain in my wrists and palms. This was the closest thing I have ever ridden to a sport bike before and I wasn't used to the forward leaning nature, albeit the FTR isn't really that far forward leaning. I swapped for the rally bars and it 100% made a difference and I wish I would have done it at day 1. I use the bike mostly for commuting so it does sit me a bit more upright.
Many thank, I’m glad to hear great minds think alike 👍

·
Registered
2019 FTR 1200 s
14 Posts
I swapped mine for the rally bars for the same reason and they have been much more comfortable. an easy swap and well worth it.

·
Registered
2019 Indian FTR 1200S Race Replica
15 Posts
Hi everyone, I’m contemplating trading in my Chief Dark Horse for an FTR s, and when I test rode it i had pain in my hands from leaning forward and the pressure place on the grips. The dealer stated others have had the FTR Rally bars fitted to them and the issue has gone away.
So my questions are, has anyone had this wrist pain and had the bars fitted? Or does anyone have an FTR Rally to see if the higher bars prevent this pain?

any advice would be greatly appreciated please 🤞
I did about 2k miles with the original bars and always felt like there was a lot of pressure on my wrists. I'm 6'4" and the original bars just weren't good for me. Recently I installed the Pro Taper rally bars, and OMG, the difference is amazing- it's like having a different bike. Pressure on the wrists/hands is gone. I'd highly recommend this change.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did about 2k miles with the original bars and always felt like there was a lot of pressure on my wrists. I'm 6'4" and the original bars just weren't good for me. Recently I installed the Pro Taper rally bars, and OMG, the difference is amazing- it's like having a different bike. Pressure on the wrists/hands is gone. I'd highly recommend this change.
I’ll have a look for some tomorrow. Many thanks for your time and trouble

·
Registered
15 Posts
Indian sells them direct from their website.

You also see them sometimes on eBay; listed usually by a dealer who has them but they aren't moving fast enough for them.

·
Registered
15 Posts

You also see them sometimes on eBay; listed usually by a dealer who has them but they aren't moving fast enough for them.

·
Registered
2019 Indian FTR 1200 S
672 Posts

Be careful buying regular pro tapers off ebay, or any other bar for that matter unless it specifically states it is for the FTR. The FTR controls are mounted to the bars with a ball-lock sort of technology. If they are not bars for the FTR, you will have to measure and pre-drill these holes. To get a better idea of what I am trying to say, look up Indain's youtube video for the rally collection and watch the section where they swap out the bars.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Be careful buying regular pro tapers off ebay, or any other bar for that matter unless it specifically states it is for the FTR. The FTR controls are mounted to the bars with a ball-lock sort of technology. If they are not bars for the FTR, you will have to measure and pre-drill these holes. To get a better idea of what I am trying to say, look up Indain's youtube video for the rally collection and watch the section where they swap out the bars.
Yes, of course. There are Indian dealers putting the bars on eBay. Same stock number, everything.

·
Registered
491 Posts
You must be carrying a lot of height in the legs or I'm all torso. I am 6'2" and have very little lean forward on the stock bars. In fact, because of my terrible back, I have to purposely lean forward over big dips in order to avoid the shocks going straight up my spine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts