Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rekluse finally released their torqdrive clutches for the ftr. So here are some pictures from when I installed the prototype last November and about 7k miles ago. The clutch pull is 10% lighter due to the springs, but the clutch grab is even harder due to the multiple plates. Installation is easy, and it’s a massive improvement over the meh stock clutch, that likes to get hot and slip after hard use. $460 for the kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
German rider
797 Posts
I would like it to have it at my Chief.
But their released TS111 one works at RPM that this torque engines never reaches below the 6th gear, because the average rider has way below shift points.

Or the manual was not correct.
Sadly.

·
Bronze member
2,292 Posts
I would like it to have it at my Chief.
But their released TS111 one works at RPM that this torque engines never reaches below the 6th gear, because the average rider has way below shift points.

Or the manual was not correct.
Sadly.
Rekluse has two types of Clutches:

- TorqueDrive : is NOT an Auto Clutch ... just a setup whith more friction plates and lighter springs!
Easier clutch lever pull and stronger grab!
According to OP this is what he got into his FTR!

- RADIUSx : All the above PLUS Auto Clutch (which grabs beyond a "idle speed" with a centrifugal "expander"). Still you use your clutch levers to change gears!
Thr fear now is that with our torquey TS111 the preset "idle speed" above which the clutch is "connected" is too high (because in many instances while riding we shift at a lower than preset rpm, release the lever and expect power transfer).

BUT from their web site on the question on adjustability:

"Yes. All Rekluse Auto Clutches are adjustable to suit rider preference and conditions. We’ve discovered that most riders are satisfied with our recommended setup, but they can be easily changed. Refer to your Owner’s Manual or Tuning Guide to adjust the settings to your liking by changing springs, wedges and idle speed. These changes will adjust how hard the clutch engages, and at what RPM it engages. Engine braking will also be affected."

I think both types (TorqueDrive and RADIUSx) would be great for our TS111!!!

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

·
Rider
1,314 Posts
Rekluse finally released their torqdrive clutches for the ftr. So here are some pictures from when I installed the prototype last November and about 7k miles ago. The clutch pull is 10% lighter due to the springs, but the clutch grab is even harder due to the multiple plates. Installation is easy, and it’s a massive improvement over the meh stock clutch, that likes to get hot and slip after hard use. $460 for the kit

Very nicely done, sir...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Where can you find this for that $460 price you posted? I’m only seeing the $700+ Radius X clutch kit on RevZilla and the torqdrive kit on PartsGiant for $499.

·
Bronze member
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$499 is the currently price.

Like most things, the price has increased in the past year.

12k miles on my clutch and still perfect

·
Registered
8 Posts
$499 is the currently price.

Like most things, the price has increased in the past year.

12k miles on my clutch and still perfect

That’s good news then. I just started developing some issues sticking at 5th when trying to upshift into 6th gear. I definitely ride it much more on the aggressive side. Good to know the rekluse clutch can withstand the abuse better than the OEM clutch.

Do you know anywhere else to get it other than PartsGiant? I’ve never used them before so unsure as to their reliability.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can buy them direct from rekluse website.

The gsxr shifter arm also helps the false 6th shift.

For Suzuki GSXR600 GSXR750 GSXR1000 Motorcycle Rearset Footpeg Gear Shift Arm US | eBay

Did the shifter arm and it helped, but the clutch still doesn’t perform as desired. Ended up getting the TorqDrive price matched through RevZilla for $460. Should come in tomorrow. Did you just follow the service manual specs in removal/installation?

·
Bronze member
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes. It’s all the same.

If you have a 2019 there is one bolt that’s a paint to remove with the rear header pipe. But a little prying gets it out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts