Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Bronze member
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Rally fingers is now available in the states. This probably is the variant they should have released

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Haha haha! Baron, you just showed your age.. Rally Fingers.... you clever ol dog you!

You can see the lacking FTR sales in that bike.
You would think that bike would be at a higher premium over the base price.

·
Bronze member
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha haha! Baron, you just showed your age.. Rally Fingers.... you clever ol dog you!

You can see the lacking FTR sales in that bike.
You would think that bike would be at a higher premium over the base price.
well I am only 52 but Mr Fingers was pretty famous LOL

·
Rider
1,340 Posts
Quite surprising as there appears very little from the historically advertised 'Rally Collection' that appears to be fitted to the bike from the off as standard. You can of course dig a little deeper and have them fitted at extra cost to make it a 'Rally Rally.'

Indian FTR1200 Rally (Scrambler) - Moore Speed Racing

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
The "Rally" has been available since the beginning....

I don't see a new model being introduced.

The Rally package has been on the web site the whole time.

Gorgeous bike. $3000 too much. Announce a new price and make a big deal and see bikes sell and if it gets as popular as a Jeep, raise the price.

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
At least now the dealers can ditch all the spoked wheels they had to buy for inventory and not sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought the same. I thought the last customer to want spoked wheels would be an FTR customer. I always felt that if they were in a normal size they would have a chance at being a viable item. But, same goofy sized, more maintenance, in this customer demographic? no chance...

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
This is the same bike that was revealed at the EICMA show last year..
It's stand alone from the already available Rally bits that we've seen since FTR release. So, it's actually old news..

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm one who really like this when they showed pictures of it a while back. But one of the things I liked on the images was the color, kind of a tan sand color. Really worked for me. Unfortunately, the color it actually is now that it's come out doesn't do it for me...

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,253 Posts
I'm assuming the laced spoke wheels require inner tubes which present a problem should you puncture a tire. No plugging as with a cast rim.

·
Rider
1,340 Posts
I'm assuming the laced spoke wheels require inner tubes which present a problem should you puncture a tire. No plugging as with a cast rim.
Your assumption is 100% correct!

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
I'm one who really like this when they showed pictures of it a while back. But one of the things I liked on the images was the color, kind of a tan sand color. Really worked for me. Unfortunately, the color it actually is now that it's come out doesn't do it for me...
With respect, it looks the same to me.

·
Bronze member
2,250 Posts
Still baffles me this is what they decided to do. The only logical reasoning for this was the fact they had to have had so many sets of spoked wheels and aviator seats in stock. Since no one is buying them.

Out of all the face book, Instagram, and ftr forums. I’ve seen maybe one or two bikes with these options.

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Still baffles me this is what they decided to do. The only logical reasoning for this was the fact they had to have had so many sets of spoked wheels and aviator seats in stock. Since no one is buying them.

Out of all the face book, Instagram, and ftr forums. I’ve seen maybe one or two bikes with these options.

Same.

·
Bronze member
2,050 Posts
I don't know, I kind of like it. My big problem is the angle I need to bend my knees to place my feet on the controls.

·
Rider
1,340 Posts
……. My big problem is the angle I need to bend my knees to place my feet on the controls.
Not being aware of any of your own limitations I had a knee replaced in November. I had concerns about attaining the bend I needed to get back on the FTR. By pushing my own limits, physio and core strengthening I now have 121 degrees bend in that knee and am back on the FTR with no issues and the exercising has improved my other knee bend to 125 degrees with no discomfort.

·
Bronze member
2,050 Posts
Not being aware of any of your own limitations I had a knee replaced in November. I had concerns about attaining the bend I needed to get back on the FTR. By pushing my own limits, physio and core strengthening I now have 121 degrees bend in that knee and am back on the FTR with no issues and the exercising has improved my other knee bend to 125 degrees with no discomfort.
Yeah, I hear you. I have a lower back fusion, left knee replacement and a deteriorating right knee. The bigger issue is being 6'4". On a bike with floorboards I can make enough adjustments to get a comfortable fit. On mt Roadmaster I had Corbin build me a seat that sits me 2-1/2" back, the Rox Risers brought the bars back far enough to cure the neck and shoulder issues and I can slide my feet fore and aft on the boards.

But I am in the market for a smaller lighter bike for short jaunts and the seating position is less of an issue for that length of ride. My secondary motivation is I have a granddaughter beginning to drive this year. My son and I are going to get her up on two wheels soon after. My RM, my wife's Springfield and her dad's Stratoliner are a bit to hefty for a new rider. So my list right now is 1) Triumph Bobber, Scout Bobber 60 and perhaps some variant of the FTR is I can get comfortable riding one.

But for now that decision will have to wait till late spring before I can get out and test ride a few bikes.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts