Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and girls, for those of you who have found the on board charging plug tucked in behind your left side cover, that plug fits perfectly with a charger we have in Aus aptly called Oz charge. So I thought I鈥檇 post up the link for you OS guys considering your dollar is not too bad here.
This unit will fit perfectly with the plug. I have an older model and it works sweet...
Cheers guys and girls
馃憤馃槑馃嚘馃嚭

Rider
I bought an SAE extender, heatshrunk it and extended the existing connector along the original looms and up the frame to the left hand side of the seat. It also tucks in neatly under the seat when not in use. On my recent longer haul trip I fitted an SAE to double USB adaptor which kept my SENA and phone fully charged on the 13 hour journey. I use an Optimate 4 tender.

Rider
But for the sake of a few 鈥榖eer chits鈥 you can make it so much more convenient and functional if you carry out longer journeys by extending it!

Reactions: R. Warshawsky

Registered
mine wasn't tucked behind anything - dealer had them all out and pointed it out to me because they knew the FTR needs regular charging

Silver member
Or regular riding ;)

Since COVID I'm trying to ride it at least once every two weeks, and so far it starts up every time without complaining. Never on a charger.

I hooked it up once after three weeks of standing still once and my charger told me the battery was full after less than 5 mins...

Registered
unfortunately it's either been pissing with rain or unbelievably cold here since it's winter so I havent been able to get out much in the last month.
Weather is good Sunday so we'll ride then.
in the meantime I just hooked the bike to the charger.

Attachments

Silver member
unfortunately it's either been pissing with rain or unbelievably cold here since it's winter so I havent been able to get out much in the last month.
Weather is good Sunday so we'll ride then.
in the meantime I just hooked the bike to the charger.
Wait, that's an odd location? Your dealer didn't know there's one strapped up right behind that bodypanel?

Registered
Where in AU are you anyway @edgelett ?
Adelaide, South Australia
Wait, that's an odd location? Your dealer didn't know there's one strapped up right behind that bodypanel?
Hang on what? There's another one?
bugger me I'll have to have a look on the weekend.
our dealer told us they put them all there on every FTR they had so they could make sure they were always charged

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yep...hit the nail on the head mate...馃ゴ馃憤馃槑馃嚘馃嚭

1 - 20 of 27 Posts