Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Couldn’t ride for 2 weeks. Found battery completely dead. When I bought the FTR, I got a dFence tracking device that never worked-I’m on the 3rd device installed with no result. It might have helped in depleting the battery but still, my other bikes keep charge for several months...any of you has experience with dFence?
Fully charged the battery, rode 40 miles, parked the bike for the night to find the check engine light on the next morning. Rode back home, 40 miles with no issues and light still on.
After talking with dealer, tried to cycle ignition 6 times to clear check light with no result.
Next step, the dealership in couple of days...
700 miles on the clock so far...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Silver member
4,800 Posts
You added a draw to your battery. That's on you. These bikes are set-up from the factory and are very sensitive to parasitic draw. Remove your Dfence system and I would bet you have no issues....

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
for the 1st time in production.not bad for one issue which possible be added device. Dochardtail well you riding to much lol. some day they make a bike runs on air.

·
Diamond member
9,068 Posts
Factory fueling sputters, and stalls.
Bikes surges.
unwarranted throttle blips
Sometimes during intentional throttle blips loud metallic "thwack" is heard. Much like the sound of bike shifting into First gear.
All above (except less frequent un warranted throttle blip) rectified with aftermarket tune.
At 1200 miles Bike suddenly developed a buzz that sets in everytime bike gets hot now regardless of tune. Is nearly unrideable in short rides, is unusable for long rides.

·
Silver member
4,798 Posts
Except for the whole "runs like crap and stalls unless an aftermarket reflash is bought for $400" part of course... lol
I did mention that in the survey I filled out the other day yes.

You all got a phone call survey right? Well I got an online survey...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
You added a draw to your battery. That's on you. These bikes are set-up from the factory and are very sensitive to parasitic draw. Remove your Dfence system and I would bet you have no issues....

dFence was sold and installed by dealership, never worked properly...specifically asked if it will put a noticeable draw on battery and was told it was neglectible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Read Only
636 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Would you be so kind as to snap a pic? I'd like to see if it's the same as what I filled out.
Also got the online survey yesterday with the free “multi function rally wear” as a gift. Looks like a bandana to me, but what do I know.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts