Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if this has been posted , before,

I had done a search on You Tube to find out where the fuses were.

Indian sent the 3 new fuses / circuit breakers by mail.

·
Bronze member
2,068 Posts
Idk how they got away with this. Allowing people at home to perform a safety recall without documentation.

The dealers at first said only they could do it to be able to clear the recall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
183 Posts
I believe nobody should be responsible for the labor of vehicle recalls. Indian should pay for the service. If it's the supplier's fault, Indian should backcharge the supplier.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Is there an online list of recalls for the FTR? I want something to reference when I go to pick mine up. A new bike shouldn't have any backdated recalls undone.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Is there an online list of recalls for the FTR? I want something to reference when I go to pick mine up. A new bike shouldn't have any backdated recalls undone.
If you go on the Indian website, make an account, put your bike in your online "garage" you can see it and if it's been applied. You could also call your dealership.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Thanks. I'll ask them to look it up at the dealer and trust they tell me a full account of applied recalls.

·
Bronze member
2,068 Posts
This is the only recall. It came out months ago. If you didn’t pick your bike up yet. Then it’s already been done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I took my bike to the dealer for the fuse recall. It took about five minutes. About 2 weeks later I got an envelope in the mail from Polaris with the 3 fuses in it and a recall letter. The letter said their records said I hadn't done the recall. I never actually went inside the dealership. I guess they didn't enter it into the computer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts