Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This article kinda came out of the blue to me today. I'm interested to see if it's going to be a new trim level, or if it is going to be an accessory package. Anybody have the scoop?

Rideapart - FTR Carbon Teaser

P.S. - Did my due diligence to search for an existing post but didn't see any, so forgive me if this a duplicate thread 馃槵

Registered
I mean you can already customize it with plenty of real carbon fibre parts that are directly from Indian themselves. Dunno why it would be a whole new trim. Seems kinda pointless to make some big announcement for something that we can mostly already get but I guess we'll see tomorrow

Registered
The RR paintwork on carbon though... 馃槢
All this time effort and money to make a really cool bike look even cooler and they can鈥檛 spend money on making the things run properly???? Is it just me??

Rider

Registered
No it鈥檚 not just you!

My dealer has been knocking out 鈥楥arbon Specials鈥 and 鈥楶earl White Specials鈥 for a while to get rid of existing stock.

Just doesn鈥檛 make any sense mate. Can鈥檛 believe the priorities of it all. I鈥檓 just disillusioned with it all. I love my FTR but I鈥檓 not loving the lack of effort from Indian to make them right.

Rider
I can understand your frustration. I have been lucky, had the bike since September, got the dealership to nail on some Akrapovics and remove the catalytic converter before I took delivery. Standard map is still on. Apart from the initial couple of cold stalls it has for me run really sweet! There are of course those 鈥榓ficionados鈥 that berate people such as myself for apparently not realising the benefits of rushing out and getting a remap. I am no novice but take my own time to get to really know the bike first before throwing money at it or wasting it in an 鈥榓ttempt to impress.鈥

I am looking now at possibly getting the bike remapped some 3000 miles later but will have it done with dyno time as I am a bit of a dinosaur and traditionalist and wish to see first hand exactly what is done.

Remapping has it鈥檚 benefits and I am acutely aware of what they are. It has also been proven to cure the cold starting, stalling and hugely noticeable flat spot that many (not myself) have experienced. Stick with it Breto and consider getting it remapped. Hell I鈥檓 still on the original circuit breakers and don鈥檛 believe the Indian recall map update is even at my side of the pond yet?

Reactions: Breto

Bronze member
I don鈥檛 think this is an Indian official thing. More like a euro dealership deal. Since it鈥檚 not on Indiana official channel.

Ether way we shall find out soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I mean you can already customize it with plenty of real carbon fibre parts that are directly from Indian themselves. Dunno why it would be a whole new trim. Seems kinda pointless to make some big announcement for something that we can mostly already get but I guess we'll see tomorrow
This is why I am hoping it will be something cooler. The "sport" accessory package was basically a carbon fiber trim package.

Odds are it'll just be a few trim pieces slapped on and that makes it somehow "closer" to the race bike...

Registered
i don鈥檛 understand this at all... only thing i see different is a different wheel base.

indian botched this thing from the rip delivering a little too late, at a little too high of a cost. i travel for a living, and didn鈥檛 expect to see one in the flesh at a dealer all summer, but i was tripping over them everywhere i visited, from massachusetts to florida to cali.

their solution? slap a rally package on the cheap ones, and make the expensive one even more expensive-r. that鈥檒l show them.

for the guys that were willing to spend top dollar for the RR when it came out, not only did you see your resale value get hammered with their current price drops, you don鈥檛 even have the coolest 鈥榤ost official鈥 bike anymore. dumb.

furthermore, i attempted to buy an ftr rr yesterday; no one was willing to deal with me, and all of them said they鈥檙e hot bikes. no pandemic discount for the good old ftr...

Bronze member
Wheel base is unchanged. Who ever is their media person screwed up a few things. It鈥檚 100% the same as a RR, but with the added carbon bits they already offered, but with a new paint job.

They copied Seths bike
Adjustments.jpg

IMG_7659.jpg

Registered
Wheel base is unchanged. Who ever is their media person screwed up a few things. It鈥檚 100% the same as a RR, but with the added carbon bits they already offered, but with a new paint job.

They copied Seths bike

just out of curiosity, how do you know it鈥檚 the same wheelbase? they had mentioned a 鈥榥ew pivot point鈥 integrated into the case, i assumed it was new however i obviously was just taking their marketing words on it.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts