Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ftr gang, any rumours on when the 2020 FTR will come out ? I phone few dealerships in the province (Alberta) yesterday and it’s seems like everyone is tight lips on that apparently they stil have lots of ‘19 to sell,,, I read somewhere they won’t come out till mid May that sounds crazy as we have very short summer here, I could probably go with a ‘19 RR at a good price but I’m worried They will change few things for this year like mapping or add Apple play and or few little improvements. As I’m 5hrs away from the nearest dealer I’m hoping they are reliable too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealer I called yesterday told me he still have 5 Race Replica in the crate ! I test drove one last fall and totally loved it race mode is sick !

·
Bronze member
2,306 Posts
Yeah I would take the 1k off a 19 rr and be happy with any other special financing you can get since they want to move them. My dealership has 6 still.

Even if they give an updated map it still won’t be as good as a good tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor / bronze
2,982 Posts
Many dealers have 3 or more 19's in stock and they are not moving fast. Indian probably has many sitting in a warehouse. It makes sense for Indian to hold back on the 20's until the the 19's are closer to gone. Indian dealers are working hard to stay in business (some more than others). They don't need to be stuck with inventory for more than a year

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,382 Posts
My dealer still has 3 in his showroom. One base model and two "S" models with one of those a Race Replica.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Don't get wrong, had my deposit on a ftr1200rr for many months. Spring 19 was the release date. June 7th 2019 was my delivery date. Approximately 2 weeks of spring time left before summer of 19. If this is the calendar Indian uses for releasing the most interesting and fun motorcycle IMHO in there history I would not expect to see any new 2020 ftr1200's until the middle of December. I still have not seen another ftr1200 on the road here in Northern California. I myself hope it turns into a white elephant. Not knocking the dealers. they can only work with what they have, but don't offer prospective new customers 500 dollars of accessories by placing a deposit a few weeks before the end of spring while calling me to SELL me accessory packages. Motorcycle is awesome, marketing SUCKS. I have been through 3 different incarnations with mine and finding what works ( looks ) best for me. I lay myself before you, attack me as you please. If anyone is interested in what I consider a beautiful looking set of bar end mirrors contact Hollister Powersports. Let the attack begin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts