Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been riding my new FTR race replica for a few weeks. For some reason today I noticed the OEM seat construction. The seat covering creates a small trampoline over the cupped end of the seat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same here. Interesting isn't it? I've recently ordered a Saddlemen Track LS. The stock seat isn't very comfortable in my opinion. I gave the stock seat a couple thousand miles to break-in before I ordered something else. I know some upholstery places that can alter it, but I also didn't like the difficulty I had sliding side to side to transition into the turns. The tracker seat might've been better, but we'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ive found the stock seat to be comfortable, but the side to side transition is near impossible. Im used to sliding a cheek off every turn, but the FTR seat holds me like glue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Same here. Interesting isn't it? I've recently ordered a Saddlemen Track LS. The stock seat isn't very comfortable in my opinion. I gave the stock seat a couple thousand miles to break-in before I ordered something else. I know some upholstery places that can alter it, but I also didn't like the difficulty I had sliding side to side to transition into the turns. The tracker seat might've been better, but we'll see how it goes.
I find the comfort fine on the stock seat. I was trying to confirm that mine wasn’t the only stock seat that had the stretchy covering creating a mini trampoline that flattens out when you sit on it. I was worried that maybe it came unglued or something because I didn’t notice it until yesterday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts