Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Read Only
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped the bike and broke the front brake lever. Indian seems to only sell the whole damn brake assembly for $250.

Are there and alternatives?

·
Bronze member
2,464 Posts
The brake lever is the same that’s used on a lot of euro bikes. If you search around there are a few cross reverence numbers. Mainly Ducati. But you can get a cheap adjustable brake lever for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
799 Posts
I’d send you mine but the postage and the exchange rate wouldn’t be worth it man...well actually you would get a good deal from the exchange...it’s just getting it to you for a good price I suppose...👍😎🇦🇺

·
Read Only
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
On another note, my shop put the brake lever on. Now it actually works better - it's not as grabby as initialy, which I like. However, it begins to grab about halfway in whereas Indian had the brake beginning to grab almost as soon as you squeezed it.

I'd like it to begin grabbing a bit sooner. Is that what the knurled nut for on the handle?

I'm uncertain why now that it begins to grab later that it also seems to be less grabby or sticky as initially. I'd like to keep the less grabby feel, but move the beginning of the brake action further out. I can always drive back to the shop tomorrow but figured I'd ask here. Also, I think I'm the first FTR this shop has worked on.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Anyone in the USA have a brake lever they want to sell? I dropped my bike (fortunately I have the frame sliders and my garage floor is lined with horse stall mats), but the brake lever caught my heater on the way down and broke. There wasn't even a scratch besides the lever breaking.

·
Silver member
5,505 Posts
It’s a very common Brembo lever.

or imitation

1 - 20 of 46 Posts