Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently added the CRG Hindsight bar mirror which looks great. The left side worked no problem with the 7/8th adapter. The right throttle side I cannot get to work. The Adapter is to big to fit the right throttle side. Does anyone have any ideas how to make this work?

Thanks,

Darren

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The original barend is to big to fit the mirror directly on. The inside of the throttle side has an interior sleeve which I don't want to mess with. The left side didn't have this sleeve the the 7/8 adapter fit perfectly. Has anyone else installed bar end mirrors?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe my sleeve description is the wrong terminology for it. Would you happen to have a picture? I will go take a look at mine and find a picture to try and describe my problem. I appreciate the help

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
IMAG3101.jpg
IMAG3100.jpg
don't mind the wrong style bolt. It's the factory bolt. A flat head of the right length (60mm) a hard find in store and is on the way via the interweb.

·
Registered
36 Posts
As a new FTR Owner, semi troll (first post), what about putting the crg on the bar itself w/o the internal mountings, sliding the grips and controls in a bit on the bar. I have not gotten mine yet, so I do not know if that is an issue. Once I have bike semi set up, pictures are soon to follow.

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
As a new FTR Owner, semi troll (first post), what about putting the crg on the bar itself w/o the internal mountings, sliding the grips and controls in a bit on the bar. I have not gotten mine yet, so I do not know if that is an issue. Once I have bike semi set up, pictures are soon to follow.
Welcome to the tribe!

·
Registered
801 Posts
I have the crgs and the adapters I didn’t have any troubles.. did you take both pieces out from the stock expander ? And or try screwing the new adapter counter clockwise a few times before installing it

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did take out the silver expander , when I went to slide in the 7/8th adapter it didn't fit. I will take a picture tomorrow maybe I am doing something wrong

·
Registered
801 Posts
Hmm my crg came with both the 7/8 adapter and 1 inch adapter are you sure your not using the 1in adapter ? That’s very weird that it wouldn’t fit cause I had no tension at all putting the adapter in the bar

·
Registered
40 Posts
Anyone notice that their CRG bar ends are vibrating quite a bit at 40+ speeds? Once I hit the freeway everything is an annoying blur.

Wondering if I need to hack and attach the stock bar ends with the mirrors to reduce the vibration even more.

·
Read Only
636 Posts
Just my option, but under handlebar mirrors are not a very good idea as you have to take your eyes off the road ahead to see what's behind you. I like my mirrors set as to that I see all rear and side views using my peripheral vision.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts