Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Price Reduced.

Dropping price from $1930 to $1700.00 OBO, shipped anywhere in continental US.

As much as I would like to keep this leather together, if anyone is looking for individual pieces, please feel free to make a offer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm putting this complete set of bags and seats off a 2014 Indian Chief up for sale. I am asking $1930.00 OBO for the set, which is exactly 50% below the cost of the parts as new. Price includes shipping as well.

The bags have the fading and greening typical of 2014 leather, but are otherwise in very good shape.

I have none of the mounting bolts, spools or other hardware. those can be ordered easily from a dealer or online.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know this may be the wrong forum to post it in, but before I put them in the For Sale area, is there any interest in used, 2014 leathers? I swapped the seat and bags out on my bike 2 years ago, but then i sold the Chief for my current Springfield. Still have the bags and seat for the Chief.

They have turned a bit green like the 2014 leather often will, but have not been dyed yet.

I honestly have no clue if there is much of a market for 14 leather or not.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,789 Posts
I know this may be the wrong forum to post it in, but before I put them in the For Sale area, is there any interest in used, 2014 leathers? I swapped the seat and bags out on my bike 2 years ago, but then i sold the Chief for my current Springfield. Still have the bags and seat for the Chief.

They have turned a bit green like the 2014 leather often will, but have not been dyed yet.

I honestly have no clue if there is much of a market for 14 leather or not.
Yes, there is a market for the real leather. Last week (or two) someone put a distressed leather seat in the parts for sale area and it lasted minutes before it was sold. The seller was asked to take a photo of the paper part number tag (to confirm distressed leather) and it sold.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up. i appreciate it. Will likely put mine up for sale as well. I had plans to adapt the bags to put on a non-Indian bike, but dont see getting around to it. To many other projects in the garage.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Interested as long as they are in good shape. Do you have the back rest? I have a Vintage with the newer but always liked the look of the 14's. Price?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Interested as long as they are in good shape. Do you have the back rest? I have a Vintage with the newer but always liked the look of the 14's. Price?
No backrest, sorry. They are in good shape, all the buckles,straps etc are where they are supposed to be.

I'm asking $1930.00 for the whole set, which is 50% off the cost they were listed at as new.

PM me if interested. Additional photos below.

bagsnip.JPG
seatsnip.JPG

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I'll pass. Good luck though.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Back when it was apparent that the 2014 leather faded quite quickly, many of the owners (one in particular was Big Daddy) used Fieblings Leather Dye to bring the seats and saddlebags back to "like new" condition. You can do a search on how to use these products and see the results achieved by the owners. One of the colors used was a dark brown with a hint of red in it, like a mahogany. The bags and seat will sell in a heartbeat.

Leather Dye - Shop for Leather Care Products :: Shop for Shoe Polish :: Fiebing\\'s Horse & Leather Care Products

Here is a link to an Indian owner that dyed his leather.

https://www.indianmotorcycles.net/threads/finally-dyed-my-2014-leather-and-removed-the-fringe-heres-my-result.7172/

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll pass. Good luck though.
No problem. And if you are interested, feel free to make a offer. I honestly have no idea how something like this should be priced and I figured 50% off new with shipping included in the contental US would be a good starting point.

Would like to keep the set together but if they dont sell its possible i'll try to move them individually in the future.

thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Back when it was apparent that the 2014 leather faded quite quickly, many of the owners (one in particular was Big Daddy) used Fieblings Leather Dye to bring the seats and saddlebags back to "like new" condition. You can do a search on how to use these products and see the results achieved by the owners. One of the colors used was a dark brown with a hint of red in it, like a mahogany. The bags and seat will sell in a heartbeat.

Leather Dye - Shop for Leather Care Products :: Shop for Shoe Polish :: Fiebing\\'s Horse & Leather Care Products

Here is a link to an Indian owner that dyed his leather.

https://www.indianmotorcycles.net/threads/finally-dyed-my-2014-leather-and-removed-the-fringe-heres-my-result.7172/

Thank you for that tip. the Mahogany is a striking color. Would be interesting to know if the 2014 leather would be more attractive to Owners in original form but faded, or already dyed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Price Reduced.

Dropping price from $1930 to $1700.00 OBO, shipped anywhere in continental US.

As much as I would like to keep this leather together, if anyone is looking for individual pieces, please feel free to make a offer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts